UAMN Science Night
Let us bring the museum to you!
Enhance your school‘s science night or another special event with hands-on objects and museum activities. We can provide a museum educator and activities for a complete event, or complement your existing plans with an educator and single activity.
UAMN Science Night
Complete event, 6 activities
Staffed by a museum educator and volunteers from your school.
Planning guide and flyer provided.
Duration: up to 2 hours
Choose a theme. We will provide a variety of engaging activities to be staffed by your volunteers. An educator will be present to set up, train your volunteers, and answer questions throughout the event.
- Art & Science: Explore relationships between art and science through creative activities.
- Aurora: Learn how the sun helps create northern lights on Earth, and other secrets of the aurora.
- Climate Science: Discover how climate affects our world. Investigate albedo, sea ice, and more.
- DNA: Explore the building blocks of life. Learn what genes do and how genetic material is preserved.
- Museum Collections: See specimens! Investigate how museum researchers make new discoveries.
- Nanoscience: Discover the science of the very small. Explore how nanotechnology impacts our lives.
- Outer Space: Explore our solar system and beyond on a journey out of this world.
- Traditional Technologies: Learn about Alaska Native technologies. Make tools for life in the north.
UAMN Science Activity
Staffed by a museum educator.
Duration: up to 2 hour event
Choose a topic. All activities incorporate hands-on learning and encourage interaction between family members.
- Plant Anatomy
- Skulls & Bones
- Tracks & Scats
- Taxonomy (collections & sorting)
- Climate Science
- Dinosaurs & Fossils
- Geology & Art
- Rocks & Minerals
- Fish Art
- Marine Mammals
- Ocean Science