Space Science Kits & Materials
Left to Right: Energetic Aurora Kit, Cultural Connections Northern Lights Kit (6th-8th
grades), Hubble Resource Kit.
The museum has kits and objects available to explore space science. Each kit includes
hands-on objects, activity supplies and instructions, and resources to learn more.
Kits are designed for classroom use, but can be adapted to different settings and ages.
- Cultural Connections: Aurora science through Inupiaq culture and language. 4rd-8th grades.
- Sunspotter: Safely observe the sun! For all ages.
- Energetic Aurora: Learn about the different aspects of studying the aurora. 6th-12th grades.
- Hubble Resource: Use images from the Hubble Space Telescope to investigate the universe. 5th-12th grades.
- Magnets: Investigate how magnets work, the Earth's magnetic field, and its connection to the aurora. For all ages.
- Aurora Homeschool Kit: Explore the northern lights! Listen to stories from elders, learn how energy from the sun creates the aurora, investigate magnetic fields, and make your own aurora artwork.
- Outer Space Homeschool Kit: Learn about how scientists look for new planets outside of our solar system, look for exoplanets in the night sky, and imagine how life might evolve on other planets.
Materials for Educators
Our education staff would be happy to work with you to provide packets of space science activities and materials. We can customize activities based on your needs and interests.
We have provided materials and activities for the Fairbanks North Star Borough EAST
Summer Program, Camp Fire Anchorage, Dillingham 4H, science teachers at Nome-Beltz
Junior/Senior High School, and the Ketchikan Public Library, among others.
Please contact us for further information: email@example.com
This project was funded under NASA cooperative agreement NNX16AL65A. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.