Activities and Resources
Check out our Virtual Museum page to explore the museum from home!
For activities to do at home, go to these pages:
- Virtual Early Explorers (ages 5 and under, with adult)
- Virtual Junior Curators (ages 6 and up, with adult)
- Virtual Family Days (all ages)
Activities at the Museum
Explore the museum with activity sheets!
Writing boards are available at the museum. Please bring your own pencils. Note: only pencils are allowed in galleries (no markers, pastels, etc).
Your feedback will help us improve the resources we offer. If you use any of the activity sheets, please fill out a brief survey here!
Note: Links open in a new window. If you use a pop-up blocker, links may not work. If you are having trouble, disable the pop-up blocker and try the link again.
Answer sheets are available upon request. Email UAemail@example.com.
Kits & Objects for Loan
The museum has many kits and objects available to borrow for educational purposes. Use hands-on objects to enhance your lessons and help your students explore culture, science, art, and history.
See our Kits & Objects Page.
Kits are also available from the following sources:
- UAMN Virtual Museum
- UAMN Mobile App and Audio Guide
- Alaska's Digital Archives
- Alaska Treaty of Cession Online Exhibit
- Colors of Nature Curriculum
- Ethnobotany Film Series
- How Could Baby Dinosaurs Live in the Arctic?
- Kenelm Philip Lepidoptera Collection (includes ideas for lesson plans)
- National History Day Resources
- PoLAR Voices Podcast
- UAMN Exhibit & Education films
- UAMN on Tumblr
- UAMN on YouTube
The University of Alaska Museum of the North and the UAF Geophysical Institute joined forces to bring the state's only digital portable planetarium to communities in Rural Alaska. Learn more about it on the Geophysical Institute website.