Hours & Admission
Masks not required (Effective 03/15/22).
Please see below for full COVID guidelines.
UAMN is located on the UAF Campus, 1962 Yukon Drive, Fairbanks, AK, 907-474-7505Museum Hours
SUMMER HOURS 2022 (Subject to Change)
May 22 to August 20
Open 7 days a week: 9 AM - 7 PM
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 6:30 PM
Cafe Summer Hours: Daily, 9 AM - 4 PM
WINTER HOURS 2022 (Subject to Change)
August 21 to April 1
Open 7 days a week: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 5 PM
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day
Movies at the Museum
Daily showings in the museum theater - $5 admission.General Admission
Adult (ages 13+ yrs) $16
Senior (ages 65+) & Veteran (with ID)
Local (with valid Alaska ID)
$12 Alaska Active Duty Military $10 Youth (ages 5 - 12) $9 UA Staff, Faculty, & Students Free Children (ages 4 and Under) Free Special Exhibits Gallery Only $4 Movie Ticket $5
Local resident? Join UAMN!
A UAMN membership pays for itself in three visits! Learn about our benefits and packages and consider becoming a member today.
UAMN is Committed to Protecting the Health of its Visitors and Employees
UAMN appreciates your support and understanding during our reopening. Our limited operations will remain more restrictive than what you may see in other sectors. As a campus unit, we conform to the “On-site Operations Plan” instituted by the University of Alaska.
In accordance with university policy, the following guidelines have been established to protect the health of UAMN visitors (Effective 03/15/22):
- No individual may enter UAMN if they have been diagnosed with or are exhibiting signs of COVID-19.
- Upon entry/re-entry into the State of Alaska, travelers must comply with State of Alaska guidelines.
- Current COVID-19 Masking Status: Green (low). Masks not required.
- Hand washing is available in restrooms. Washing for 20 seconds is recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) or more, from members outside of your visiting group, is recommended.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the suggested traffic pattern indicated by signage and social distance markers at the main entry.
- Plexiglass protective barriers will be installed at the Admissions and Museum Store counters.
- Markers on the floor will help maintain social distancing in the vicinity of the front desk.
- Wheelchairs for visitor use must be sanitized before and after use by staff.
- Seating areas will be spaced accordingly to allow for safe distancing and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
The regular custodial schedule at UAMN will be enhanced by cleaning touch points on all floors (several times daily).
Groups of 10 or more must confirm visitation in advance in order to safely plan building occupancy.