Hours & Admission
Face coverings are required for visitors who are not fully vaccinated. Including children under two years.
Please see below for full COVID guidelines.
SUMMER HOURS (Subject to Change)
May 23 to August 21
Open 7 days a week: 9 AM - 7 PM
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 6 PM
Cafe Open Daily: 9 AM - 4 PM
WINTER HOURS (Subject to Change)
August 22 to May 21
Open 7 days a week: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Admission Sales/Doors Close at 5:00 PM
Cafe Hours: TBD
Movies at the Museum
Daily showings in the museum theater - $5 admission.
Adult (ages 13+ yrs) $16
Senior (ages 65+) & Veteran (with ID)
Local (with valid Alaska ID)
$12 Alaska Active Duty Military $10 Youth (ages 5 - 12) $9 UA Staff, Faculty, & Students Free Children (ages 4 and Under) Free Special Exhibits Gallery Only $4 Movie Ticket $5
Local resident? Join UAMN!
A UAMN membership pays for itself in three visits! Learn about our benefits and packages and consider becoming a member today.
UAMN is Committed to Protecting the Health of its Visitors and Employees
UAMN appreciates your support and understanding during our reopening. Our limited operations will remain more restrictive than what you may see in other sectors. As a campus unit, we conform to the “On-site Operations Plan” instituted by the University of Alaska.
In accordance with university policy, the following guidelines have been established to protect the health of UAMN visitors (Published 05/24/21):
- No individual may enter UAMN if they have been diagnosed with or are exhibiting signs of COVID-19.
- Upon entry/re-entry into the State of Alaska, travelers must comply with State of Alaska guidelines.
- For people who are not fully vaccinated, face coverings are required in all indoor areas and outdoors where you can’t maintain six feet of distance from other people. Effective May 24, 2021, people who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear face coverings, except on campus shuttles or other types of public transportation.
- Hand washing is available in restrooms. Washing for 20 seconds is recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Drinking fountains will be closed. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Admissions Counter.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) or more, from members outside of your visiting group, is recommended at all times.
- A maximum of 150 visitors are allowed in the museum at a given time (consistent with an operational capacity of less than 25%).
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the suggested traffic pattern indicated by signage and social distance markers at the main entry.
- Groups of over 20 people will be asked to break into smaller groups of 16 - 20 individuals prior to entering the museum public spaces.
- Plexiglass protective barriers will be installed at the Admissions and Museum Store counters.
- Markers on the floor will help maintain social distancing in the vicinity of the front desk.
- Wheelchairs for visitor use must be sanitized before and after use by staff.
- Seating areas will be spaced accordingly to allow for safe distancing and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Drinking fountains will be closed.
The regular custodial schedule at UAMN will be enhanced by cleaning touch points on all floors (several times daily).
Groups of 10 or more must confirm visitation in advance in order to safely plan building occupancy.
The Place Where You Go to Listen is currently closed for maintenance. We anticipate The Place to open at the start of this summer season with a new lighting system.