Hours & Admission
The UA Museum of the North will reopen to visitors on July 8, 2020.
Visits are limited to 2 hours.
A face covering must be worn at all times while visiting UAMN.
Summer Hours are Wednesday - Sunday, 10 AM - 7 PM (Subject to change).
General Admission will follow a first come, first served basis.
Groups must confirm visitation in advance - Contact Visitor Services.
UAMN is Committed to Protecting the Health of its Visitors and Employees
UAMN appreciates your support and understanding during our reopening. Our limited operations will remain more restrictive than what you may see in other sectors. As a campus unit, we conform to the “On-site Operations Plan” instituted by the University of Alaska.
In accordance with university policy for Phase B, the following guidelines have been established to protect the health of UAMN visitors (Published 06/23/20):
- No individual may enter UAMN if they have traveled outside of Alaska within the past two weeks (14 days), or have been in contact with, have been diagnosed with, or are exhibiting signs of COVID-19.
- A face covering must be worn at all times while visiting UAMN (all persons over 2 years of age).
- Visitors will be asked to sign a log with their name, phone number, and date/time of visit in the event that contact tracing becomes necessary.
- Hand washing is available in restrooms. Washing for 20 seconds is recommended.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Drinking fountains will be closed. Bottled water will be available for sale at the Museum Store.
- Social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) or more is recommended at all times.
- Visits are limited to 2 hours.
- A maximum of 60 visitors are allowed in the museum at a given time (consistent with an operational capacity of less than 25%).
Front desk staff will monitor the visitor capacity. It is a possibility that visitors may be asked to wait in line and possibly outside of the building until other visitors have exited the building.
- Visitors are encouraged to follow the suggested traffic pattern indicated by signage and social distance markers at the main entry.
Due to concerns about visitors maintaining a safe social distance of 6 feet or more, The Place Where You Go to Listen will be closed until further notice.
- Plexiglass protective barriers will be installed at the Admissions and Museum Store counters.
- Markers on the floor will help maintain social distancing in the vicinity of the front desk.
- Announcements regarding our safety protocols will be made every half-hour.
- Movies in the UAMN auditorium are cancelled until further notice.
- The Place Where You Go to Listen will be closed until further notice.
- Wheelchairs for visitor use must be sanitized before and after use by staff.
- Seating areas will be spaced accordingly to allow for safe distancing and will be sanitized on a regular basis.
- Drinking fountains will be closed.
The regular custodial schedule at UAMN will be enhanced by cleaning touch points and drinking fountains on all floors (several times daily).
Opening July 8.
SUMMER HOURS (Subject to Change)
July 8 to September 6
Open Wednesday - Sunday: 10 AM - 7 PM (Closed Monday & Tuesday)
To be determined
Movies at the Museum
All movie showings at the museum are cancelled until further notice.
|Adult (ages 13+ yrs)||$16|
Senior (ages 65+) & Veteran (with ID)
Local (with valid Alaska ID)
|Alaska Active Duty Military||$10|
|Youth (ages 5 - 12)||$9|
|UA Staff, Faculty, & Students||Free|
|Children (ages 4 and Under)||Free|
|Special Exhibits Gallery Only||$4|
Local resident? Join UAMN!
A UAMN membership pays for itself in three visits! Learn about our benefits and packages and consider becoming a member today.