Contact info for each of the CFOS units

IMS Travel: Shared Services
Arctic Health Research Building, Room 110

Rachel Jeppsen (Travel Authorizations) 
(907) 474-7305 

Adam Dewey (Expense Reports) 
(907) 474-2734

Katie Ridenour (Travel Procurement) 
(907) 474-7001
 Fisheries Travel:
UAF Juneau Campus
201 Lena Point
MAP Travel:

Terri Schimmack
UAA Anchorage Campus
 SMC Travel:
Jan Kristenson
UAF Seward Campus


UAF Travel at CFOS: A Step by Step Process


  1. Ensure your profile has been setup in TEM (Travel Expense Module). Please see your travel coordinator for assistance.
  2. Fill out and submit Travel Authorization Form. - TAs must be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance.
  3. Sign, date and attach any necessary documentation.
  4. Submit to your travel coordinator.

Airline Reservations

Tickets must be purchased within 3 business days of the final TA approval, and may not exceed $200 of the approved airfare.
Use the most direct and economical route possible. No business or first class tickets should be purchased.
If personal travel is included, a comparison itinerary MUST be obtained showing the cost of travel for business travel dates using the most direct and economical route.
When federal dollars are used, airline travel MUST comply with the FLY America Act or Open Skies Agreement, which requires the use of an American carrier when entering and exiting the U.S.

  Per Diem (meals)

For per diem rates, please check below for the most updated information.

Per Diem


Lodging rates, please check below for the most updated information.

Per Diem     Lodging base rates greater than 1.5 standard per diem rate MUST be approved by your director in advance.

   Car Rental

University of Alaska employees should not purchase additional insurance (LDW, CDW). The University is self insured and will not reimburse for this expense. Non-employees may purchase the additional insurance at their discretion.

Rented cars should be no larger than midsize/intermediate. If a larger vehicle is required, a business justification will be required.

Other (specify)

Includes estimated costs for expenses such as ground transportation, registration fees, etc


1- Complete Travel Expense Report (TER) within 15 days of travel. TER must be complete with all necessary information in order to receive reimbursement.

Original receipts: Attach the following:          

  • airline passenger receipt and itinerary showing form of payment
  • itemized hotel receipt with zero balance
  • car rental receipt  
  • other applicable receipts

All receipts are required regardless of cost with the exception of meals, when claiming per diem. Tape receipts to 8½ x 11" paper. List TA# on top right corner of each page.      

Non-reimbursable expenses: Expenses such as personal phone calls, laundry/dry cleaning, tips for meals, housekeeping, and baggage handlers, movies, parking tickets.

Airline change fees: Change fees will only be reimbursed for itinerary changes related to business. Written justification must accompany TER.

Personal Auto Use: A mileage log form must be submitted when claiming reimbursement. Mileage log form is available at: under Private Vehicles

If you have an unusual situation, please provide a written explanation.

- Sign, date, and attach all necessary documentation.
- Submit packet to your travel coordinator.

If you have and questions, please contact your travel coordinator:

-  CFOS Central / Academics / IMS - Shared Service Travel
-  Seward Marine Center, R/V Sikuliaq - Jan Kristenson
-  MAP - Jared Dillbeck
-  Fisheries - Karl Wuoti

Travel Related Websites

UAF Travel Office Website:
Oanda Currency Conversion:
XE Travel Expense Calculator

See also:  CFOS Forms

Back to Top