The occupational safety officer (OSO) reports directly to the associate vice chancellor for Facilities Services. The charter of the OSO is to maximize available fiscal resources through the reduction of mishaps and workers compensation claims.
The OSO acts as an advisor on industrial, vehicle and field safety accident investigations and on claims management by performing safety evaluations, job safety analysis, and risk analysis of work sites, projects and procedures.
The OSO identifies and interprets local, state and federal directives and develops, implements and administers plans for new safety, health and environmental protection programs. This position is the primary liaison with local, state and federal agencies on environmental health and safety programs.
Additionally, the OSO provides regulatory required training on environmental safety and health programs and schedules and tracks all employee health physicals and personal protective equipment inspections.
- Accident/Incident Reporting Form (Origami system)
- Accident/Incident Reporting Form (PDF,use if Origami system is unavailable)
- Confined Space Assessment Form (PDF)
- Confined Space Permit Form (PDF)
- Job Hazard Assessment Form (PDF)
- Roof Access Form
- UAF Accident Reporting and Notification Procedures (PDF)
- UAF Prescription Eyeware and Safey Shoe Application Form (PDF)
- UAF Unsafe Conditions Report Form (PDF)
Occupational safety links
Consumer Product Safety Commission
Environmental Protection Agency
National Safety Council
National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
OSHA Training Courses (free)
OSHA Personal Protection Equipment Courses (free)
Traffic Control Devices