AY19-20: August 11, 2019 - May 9, 2020
AY20-21: August 9, 2020- May 8, 2021
AY21-22: August 8, 2021- May 7, 2022
AY22-23: August 14, 2022 - May 13, 2023
- University bargaining unit members are no longer required to either join a union or pay agency fees.
- The University will no longer require or deduct agency fees. Additionally, agency fees not already transmitted to the union will be refunded, as appropriate.
- The University will continue to deduct union membership dues unless an employee revokes his/her payroll deduction using a revocation form (PDF).
FTO Guidance Dates: Per CBT/BAFO Article 16.5, please note "members shall receive 15 days off during the 9-month contract period. These days include 3 days of Winter Closure, and the remaining 12 days off shall be used when memberss shall request FTO prior to taking time off, with sufficient notice of the request prior to the date of the absence. Requests for time off may be taken after approval in writing by the dean, director or designee. The calendar dates listed are based off the academic calendar year and FTO dates are highlighted for suggestions.
Please note that faculty members on alternate contract year will have different dates, and will need to work with their dean/director's offices for their FTO.
MOA CBA Extension for AY20-21; AY19-20 MOA: Annual Evaluation, Promotion and/or Tenure Reviews and Postponement, Sabbatical
- Article: Two Powerful Ways Managers Can Curb Implicit Biases
- Article: Amazon scraps secret AI recruiting tool that showed bias against women
- Inside Higher Ed: Understanding and Navigating Cognitive Biases
- Project Implicit: Harvard's free tool to test implicit bias (eg. gender-career bias)
- Where to advertise for Faculty Recruitment (UAHR Diversity and Inclusion Website)
- Faculty Development Website - Faculty Development Accelerator Team
The Faculty Development Accelerator team is comprised of partners from across campus with a shared goal to create an ecosystem of support for faculty: mentoring networks, learning communities, teaching cohorts, research partners, writing groups, and customized individual pathways for growth.
Professional Boundaries With Respect To Immediate Family Members UAF Policy
The University Representative must work in consultation with their Supervisor/Dean/Director to develop a written plan that removes them from any responsibility or influence over the student (IMF), including but not limited to reassigning grade assignments to other qualified individuals. Such a plan must be documented using the form below:
UA Ethics Disclosure Forms
Faculty members will need to submit ethics disclosure forms through the UA General Counsel website.
- Log Into Blue Profile
- Support for BLUE is provided by the department of Planning Analysis and Institutional Research (PAIR)
- Email inquiries can be sent to email@example.com or Aziz Izlam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspire Us Website
- Blue Faculty Resources
- MEMO: eXplorance Blue System for Student Course Assessments (PDF)
Protection of Minors
- July 19, 2021 LOA Adjunct Extension For Negotiation of Contract
- September 24, 2020: MOA to extend the adjunct CBA
- May 27, 2020 -Adjuncts MOA Modifications Article 4 - Voluntary Deductions, Membership Dues and Representational Agency Fee - Signed
- January 17, 2020: Adjuncts MOA Modifications to Article 4 - Deductions, Membership Dues and Representational Agency Fee