OARC Business Plan
- OARC will provide sample analysis for sponsored research through a billing system
similar to other centers and facilities within UAF.
- OARC staff time, commodities, and instrument depreciation will be charged to CFOS
F1. CFOS will bill the customer to recover these costs.
- Groups with analytical needs will coordinate with OARC staff to schedule analysis
and training for sample collection. OARC will provide an expected delivery date for
processed data before taking possession of the samples. Sample processing times range
from 1 to 6 months.
- If samples are not collected properly, the OARC may refuse analysis to ensure that
the highest quality data is generated by OARC and time is not wasted.
If you are interested in submitting OA samples to be analyzed by the OARC, please
read this summary of recharge services (updated 7/2/18) and contact Natalie Monacci at email@example.com.
OARC Academic Plan
- Student rate: An undergraduate or graduate student may have up to 100 samples analyzed
at a reduced rate of $60 per DIC/TA sample. To qualify for the reduced rate, the student
must be present in the lab during analyses to limit involved OARC staff time or arrange
other work time with Monacci. The OARC does not have student rates for inorganic nutrient
and dissolved oxygen sample analyses.
- Student training: OARC will be available to give tutorials to interested students
on the analytical procedures and techniques for OA analysis, regardless of whether
or not they are having their own samples analyzed. The student will be assigned a
schedule and they can observe and get hands-on experience in the OARC, while samples
are being processed.
- Coursework: CFOS faculty who wish to teach an analytical techniques course may include
an OA module if it is arranged before the academic semester begins. During the module,
students may come to the OARC for an organized tour and to observe the techniques
and methods used to analyze OA samples. Hands-on experience will be determined by
Monacci depending on the level of experience of the students and the schedule of the
instruments at the time.
- Due to safety concerns, all non-OARC personnel will be under direct supervision at
all times. All visits to the lab must be approved and will take place during normal