William and Dorothy Jane Wood Talent Grant
Former University of Alaska President William R. Wood, and his wife, Dorothy Jane, were longtime and ardent supporters of the university. This talent grant endowment was funded and grown for many years through the Crossroads fashion show held by the UAF College of Fellows. The purpose of the grant is to recruit and retain students at the University of Alaska Fairbanks who exhibit exceptional potential for excellence in the fine arts and to encourage them to further develop their talent while enrolled at UAF.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student attending or planning to attend UAF, and must declare an academic major in a program within the Music, Art, or Theatre and Film Departments.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
- Applicant must demonstrate talent and potential to excel in the fine arts.
Forfeiture of Award
Recipient will forfeit the talent grant if he/she:
- Does not enroll in the semester in which the award is to be in effect.
- Is placed on academic probation.
One or several awards (minimum $1000) will be made at the discretion of the selection committee.
Students must submit the Wood Talent Grant application form, essay, letter of recommendation, and portfolio/performance samples by May 8, 2017. Application forms are available at the Music, Art, and Theatre and Film Department offices and the UAF Financial Aid Office. Continuing grants for previous year recipients may be considered, but students must re-apply.
Deliver, email, fax, or mail completed application materials to:
c/o UAF Financial Aid Office
Room 107 Eielson Building
PO Box 756360
Fairbanks, AK 99775-6360
All application materials must be received (not postmarked) by 5:00 p.m. on May 10, 2019.
General questions or concerns about this talent grant can be addressed to the Scholarship Coordinator, 907-474-6228, or via e-mail at email@example.com. Also check out more scholarship information on UAF's Financial Aid website.