Highlights of our recent graduates
- M.F.A. in Design and Technology graduate student at San Diego State University.
- Atlantic Acting School conservatory student, New York City.
- Video Imaging Technician, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. Fairbanks, Alaska.
- M.F.A. Graduate student at University of British Colombia in Writing for Stage and Screen.
- UAF Department of Theatre & Film Coordinator and Box Office Manager.
- Associate Producer/Editor, KUAC-TV, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Last Frontier Theatre Conference Coordinator Assistant, Prince William Sound Community College.
- M.F.A. in Acting graduate student at East 15, London, UK, 2019.
- Associate Producer, KUAC-TV, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- M.F.A. in Acting, University of Iowa, 2018.
- M.F.A. in Acting, University of California Irvine, 2018. Currently a working actor in NYC and LA with bi-coastal agent representation.
- Graduate of Portland Conservatory Actor Training Certificate Program, 2018.
- Director of Final Spark Film Productions, Soldotna, AK. Won best Production Designer LA Film Festival 2018.
- Scene Shop Technician, Perseverance Theatre, Juneau, AK.
- Engineer, KUAC-TV, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Manager for the Fairbanks North Star Borough School District production venues.
- Film/TV Producer: Steadily employed working on television shows for major cable networks such as Discovery, National Geographic, and Animal Planet.
- Film Archives Manager, University of Alaska Fairbanks Rasmuson Library.
- Romance Studies PhD Program (Spanish Literature/Theatre focus), University of North Carolina University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.
- Multimedia/Social Media Coordinator, Marketing & Communications, UAF.
- Public school substitute teacher, FNSBSD.
- Professional Stage Manager, Palace Theatre & Saloon.
- MA in Arts Management, George Mason University (2014) Development Coordinator for Principal Gifts in University Advancement at University of Houston.
- MA Boston University School of Education (2013). Boston public school teacher.
- Student Housing Coordinator, UAF. Owner of local theatre production company, Revive the Red Tent, LLC.
- Owner of Yoga & Healing with Jasmine, local wellness company.
- Shakespeare Outreach Director, Robinson Community Learning Center, University of Notre Dame.
- Theatre Technician at Actors Theatre of Louisville.
- Former UAF Admissions Counselor and current Instructor at Osaka Gakuin University, Suita, Japan.
- Fairbanks public school teacher, Joy Elementary 6th grade, FNSBSD. Owner of local theatre production company, The Green Room, LLC.
- Accountant and Stage Manager in Portland, Oregon.
- MFA Acting University of California San Diego (2008), Professional stage and film actor: Blue Bloods, Law & Order: SVU, Gossip Girl, The Taking of the Pelham 1, 2, 3, Law & Order http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0111789/
- Associate Technical Director at Georgetown University, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center.
- Professional actor: The Bridge, Call of Duty (video game character’s voice), Knight Rider, Scare Tactics, Days of Our Lives, CSI http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2003849/
- Overnight Presentation Director, MediaWorks TV3, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Lighting Director at Center Stage Baltimore.
Student ACTORS cast in national film and television:
Feels Good (Treehouse Productions), Ice Cold Killers (M2 Pictures), Haunting Alaska (Optomen), Expeditions to the Edge (National Geographic), Alaska State Troopers (National Geographic), alaskaLand (Where’s the Fire Productions), and Mining for Ruby (Story Knife Films).
Student ACTORS’ work showcased at national film festivals:
ImagiNATIVE Film Festival in Toronto, Canada; New York African Film Festival at Lincoln Center; New Voices in Black Cinema, BAM Rose Cinemas: Brooklyn, NY; Pan African Film Festival: Los Angeles, CA; Detroit International Women's Video Festival; Anchorage International Film Festival; Drake University; Trenton International Film Festival; Philadelphia International Film Festival; Chicago International Film Festival; DePauw University; Montreal International Black Film Festival; Martha’s Vineyard African American Film Festival.
Student ACTORS cast in statewide and local theatre productions:
Perseverance Theatre, Fairbanks Shakespeare Theatre, Fairbanks Drama Association, Fairbanks Light Opera Theatre, Opera Fairbanks, Fairbanks Symphony Orchestra, Seward’s Follies, The Winter Bear Project, Brilliant Brick Productions, and Green Room Productions.
Student ACTOR graduate school/ conservatory acceptance:
Each of the last five years Professor Baker prepared a cohort of graduating seniors to audition for Masters of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) graduate programs. About 30 M.F.A. Acting programs attend the University Resident Theatre Association Unified Auditions (http://urta.com/) in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles each year. These programs typically admit 10 actors each year and audition thousands nation-wide for those spots. Professor Baker’s actors have fared excellently amidst this national competition. Nine of the eleven students who auditioned in the last five years received graduate school or conservatory program offers. FLPA acting students (AY14-19) have been admitted to the following graduate (or conservatory) programs: University of California Irvine, University of Iowa, Portland Conservatory, Stella Adler Conservatory in New York City, East 15 in London, Atlantic Acting School in New York City, and Naropa University. Students received additional acceptance offers from University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana, University of Missouri Kansas City, Long Island University, National Theatre Institute, Circle in the Square, Actors Studio, and Birmingham School of Acting (London).
Student TECHNICAL placement on national film and television sets:
Associate Professor Salganek developed FRAME Film Production Services, our department’s in-house film production company. Here is a list of recent national/ international FRAME projects:
- Molly of Denali: 2018 Writing Fellowship for screenwriter awarded to Joseph Yates, FLPA major.
- Molly of Denali: 2018 Animation Fellowship awarded to Kavelina Torres, FLM Alumna.
- Molly of Denali: 2018 Students worked on set for filming content for National broadcast.
- We Breathe Again: 2017 National release. America ReFramed. PBS affiliate stations. UAF film students worked on post-production of the film.
- Frost Guard Commercial: 2017 Students worked on set as production assistants.
- Anna Ehlers Brown: Chilkat Weaver: 2017 Students worked in post-production for National Endowment of the Arts.
- Listening to Savoonga: 2018 Students traveled to St. Lawrence Island and worked with Wildlife Conservation Society.
- Kathleen Carlo Kendell: 2017 Students worked as camera operators/ editors. Alaska Governor’s Arts Award. Statewide Broadcast.
- National Paramedic Academy: 2015 Training series of 31 videos for paramedic certification. Students worked from scripting, producing, filming, audio, and edit.