General Education Requirements (GER)
Things to Know About the New General Education Requirements (GER)
- If you are working on a program in the 2015-16 catalog or earlier and you are thinking about switching catalog years, please work closely with your advisor to determine if this is the best option for you.
- The new GER are required for Associate of Arts, Associate of Science and Baccalaureate degree programs.
- Credit may be counted toward GER or a degree major requirement, but not both.
- The minimum grade for GER classes is C- unless the major you are in requires a higher minimum grade for GER.
- You may take two GER designated foreign language courses in the same language or in two different languages to meet the Humanities GER and the Additional Art/Humanities/Social Sciences GER.
- You are required to take two designated Social Sciences GER in different disciplines. If you want to use another Social Sciences class to meet the Additional Art/Humanities/Social Sciences general education requirement then you can take another class in any discipline.
- If additional courses are added to GER in future catalog years, you may use them to fulfill specific GER in your catalog year.
Current General Education Requirements (2018-2019 Catalog Year)
- General Education Requirements: Associate of Arts (PDF)
- General Education Requirements: Associate of Science (PDF)
- General Education Requirements: Baccalaureate (PDF)
Previous Catalog Year General Education Requirements
- General Education Requirements: Associate of Arts (2016-2017) (PDF)
- General Education Requirements: Associate of Science (2016-2017) (PDF)
- General Education Requirements: Baccalaureate (2016-2017) (PDF)