Faculty and Staff Forms and Resources

These forms should be accessed by faculty and staff using their UA credentials.

At UAF, we are serious about protecting the privacy of student information. Anyone exposed to student information and with UA credentials must complete FERPA training in the myUA Learning Library. Those without UA credentials are expected to carefully read this document and sign and date below.  

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, as amended, affords eligible students certain rights with respect to their education records. An ‘eligible student’ under FERPA is a student who is 18 years of age or older or who attends a postsecondary institution, regardless of age. An ‘education record’ is any record in any medium that is maintained by the institution and directly related to a student.  This federal law is designed to: protect the privacy of education records; establish the right of students to inspect and review their education records; and provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Eligible students also have the right to file  complaints with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the Act.  

Under FERPA, the student must provide written consent before the university discloses personally identifiable information from the student’s education records, including to parents and legal guardians, regardless of the student’s age. School officials may review personally identifiable information without consent only when they have a legitimate educational interest to do so. A legitimate educational interest means the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill their professional responsibilities for the university. 


For clarification or to report a possible FERPA violation, contact the University Registrar, Holly A McDonald, at  907-474-5879 or hamcdonald@alaska.edu.



FERPA training

If you will be employed by the university (And receiving a paycheck from UA) but have not been fully process by HR please wait and use the UA Employee link. You will be able to access the MY UA  system when you have an employment record.

If you are a contractor, consultant, or volunteer please use the Non-Employee link.


Change of Grade

Extension of Incomplete Grade (For faculty: complete for extension of incomplete past the one year policy)