Register for classes
Just want to take a class?
If you just want to take a class without applying to a degree program at UAF or seeking financial aid, follow these steps. Courses you take can still count towards a degree later. If you registered as a nondegree student at any UAF campus within the last two years, you may skip to step 2.
New and continuing students
If you’re new to UAF and want to apply for admission, visit our admissions page for more information about coming to UAF.
If your advisor doesn’t open your registration during the appointment, submit your completed form to the Office of the Registrar, either in person at 102 Signers' Hall, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a registration hold, you may not register until the hold is removed by the initiating office. Registration holds may result from:
- Unpaid tuition and fees/outstanding balances on your student account (e.g., parking fines, course fees). See the Bursar's Office, or call 907-474-7384.
- Registration hold for Parental Agreement form. See the Office of the Registrar, or call 907-474-6300.
- Judicial/disciplinary holds. See Student Services, or call 907-474-7317.
- Other registration holds. See the Office of the Registrar on the 1st floor of Signers' Hall, or call 907-474-6300.
- UA system holds. Because UAF is part of a statewide system, a hold at one unit of the University of Alaska will affect your registration at all UA units.
Registering for Summer Sessions
You can register for Summer Sessions, MayMester, Wintermester courses at UAOnline. Classes during these special sessions are available to degree seeking and non-degree seeking students. Summer Sessions has more information about course offerings and alternative ways to sign up for classes.