Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the interiors of campus buildings. The Custodial Shop is composed of contracted custodial and in-house custodial.
Custodial services include the following:
- Restrooms are sanitized and stocked once a day campus-wide.
- Classrooms are cleaned each evening before they are to be used.
- Reception office areas where many people come-and-go throughout the day are cleaned daily.
- Public areas such as auditoriums, hallways, stairs, lobbies, locker rooms, showers, laundry rooms, kitchenettes, break rooms, and conference rooms are cleaned and made presentable each day.
- Offices and research laboratories are scheduled for cleaning one day per week.
- Carpeted floors for most areas will be shampooed annually. Some high-use areas such as classrooms will be done more often.
- Blue trash cans for paper recycling and trash cans for public use are provided by the Custodial Department. Each department will purchase trash cans for use by their department's other needs.
Exceptional and emergency messes can be reported to 474-7000. The report will be relayed so the problems will be cleaned up promptly.