Thank you to all the students, staff, faculty, and other affiliates who took the time to provide feedback to the parking and shuttle survey over the past several months. We presented to many governance groups and received more than 500 survey responses. Here are some decisions we've made based on the survey results:
- Zone parking was not well received. At this time, we will not be exploring zone parking further.
- Parking permits will not increase this coming year.
- The student transportation fee, which has never been increased, will increase to $15 for the fall 2015 semester. The transportation fee is assessed to students who are enrolled in four or more credits in the Fairbanks area. This fee will increase $2 per academic year for two more years after 2015. The transportation fee partially funds campus shuttle service.
- Parking meters and day passes, also never increased, will increase to .75/hour and $5/day.
Please remember that you can ride the borough buses for FREE with your PolarExpress card. Thank you again for providing valuable feedback.
***STUDENTS*** You must be registered for classes prior to purchasing permits in order to take advantage of student priced permits, if not you will pay staff and faculty prices.
<---- Click here to purchase your decal online!
Suggestions and Comments
If you have any suggestions, comments or questions about Parking Services or Parking Online please contact Parking Services at email@example.com.
Parking Services is a self-sustaining service organization of the UAF campus that is dedicated to maintaining accessible, attractive and safe parking facilities. We strive to manage parking resources efficiently so that students, faculty, staff and visitors are able to park with minimal inconvenience and reach their campus destination safely.
Contact UAF Office of the Bursar
- in person: 1st Floor Signers' Hall
- by phone: 907-474-7384
- by email firstname.lastname@example.org