Cash Handling and Petty Cash
Change orders and petty cash fund checks
The Office of the Bursar has significantly reduced the amount of cash it keeps on hand. As a result, departments requesting to cash petty cash checks greater than $100 and change orders in excess of $100 must allow two business days for transport to the bank and cash exchange.
Transactions for smaller amounts will continue to be completed on a walk-in basis as long as funds are available.
Contact UAF-Bursar@alaska.edu to schedule change orders or petty cash transactions.
Petty cash reimbursement
Petty cash vouchers allow employees to be reimbursed for out-of-pocket work expenses totaling a maximum of $100.00. To be eligible for a petty cash voucher (PDF), the following guidelines must be met:
- You may only be reimbursed if your department does not have a petty cash fund.
- The original receipt(s) must accompany the voucher.
- The maximum reimbursable amount is $100.
- The person receiving the funds must sign this form and present photo ID.
- You may not receive reimbursement for the following:
- Personal services (all 1XXX account numbers)
- Travel (all 2XXX account numbers except mileage on 2006)
- Contractual services accounts 3005-3013
- Food items filed with a rep allowance form
- Capital expenditures (all 5XXX account numbers)
- Student aid (all 6XXX account numbers)
- Entertainment items (account 8115)