Tuition waivers for employees, faculty, staff, adjuncts and spouses/FIPs/dependents can be submitted electronically via NextGen. You do not need to print, scan or fax the form to sign and submit it, nor do you need to create any accounts to use this feature. If you prefer to use the printable pdf forms, you may download those from our forms page.
The Bursar's Office will process your waiver within 24 hours of receipt after July 1st for Fall waivers and after January 1st for Spring waivers. Please check your UAOnline account to see the status and pay any fees.
Employees, dependents and adjuncts
Employee tuition waivers pay for 16 credits per academic year (up to 8 credits per semester) for university employees. Tuition waivers are accepted for the current semester and cannot be applied to prior terms. Other criteria:
- Tuition waivers cover tuition only.
- The employee/student is responsible for paying all other fees by the payment deadline.
- Tuition waivers must have the following signatures to be valid:
- Employee tuition waivers require the employees signature. A supervisor signature is also required if the class is during the employee's working hours
- Dependent tuition waivers require the sponsoring employee's signature in addition to the dependent's signature
- Adjunct tuition waivers require the signature of the employee
- Reimbursements will not be made to employees/dependents who pay for a course or courses while ineligible but later become eligible.
- Dependents must be under the age of 24 on the first day of instruction to be eligible.
- Waivers found to be ineligible will be reversed, and the student will be responsible for paying the tuition.
- Late fees and payment deadlines apply to those using tuition waivers.
UA Board of Regents policy waives regular tuition for Alaska residents at the age of 65. You are eligible to utilize the senior citizen tuition waiver and enroll in UAF courses if:
- you are a permanent resident of Alaska;
- there is space (i.e., no waitlist) for the class or classes you want.
You may not register until the first day of instruction if using a senior citizen tuition waiver. You must meet both age and residency requirements by one of the following dates to be eligible for the corresponding semester: Sept. 1 for fall; Jan. 1 for spring; May 1 for summer. Reimbursements will not be made to senior citizens who pay for a course and then request a waiver. Please call 907-474-7384 for more information.
Senior citizen tuition waivers cover tuition only. Courses have associated fees that are not covered by the waiver. Late fees and payment deadlines apply to those using tuition waivers.
Please submit waivers well in advance of the last day of registration to the Office of the Bursar at P.O. Box 757640 (UAF) or 907-474-5898.