Four SMC apartments are located in a two-story apartment building that provides short-term housing for visiting scientists, students, and employees on a first-come, first-served basis. Most of the guests are currently working on projects at the SMC, Alutiiq Pride Shellfish Hatchery or Alaska SeaLife Center. In addition to the apartments, there is an atrium-style study room overlooking the SMC facilities and Resurrection Bay. The building is located at the north end of the Seward Marine Center facility and is in direct proximity to historic downtown Seward shopping stores and restaurants.
Each SMC apartment consists of:
- Two bedrooms
- Living room
- Dining room
The apartments are furnished with:
- One queen bed and two single beds
- Linens and cleaning services are provided once a week.
- The kitchen and dining room are fully equipped with all necessities and appliances.
- Guests must provide their own dish and laundry soaps and toiletries.
- On-site laundry facility available to guests.
Guests who wish to stay at the SMC apartments must submit the Apartment Use Request Form. No single rooms are available.
Rates for the apartments are subject to change but currently are as follows:
- $65.00 per night/person single occupancy; $75.00 per night shared occupancy (UAF)
- $80.00 per night/person single occupancy; $90.00 per night shared occupancy (non-UAF)
- $310.00 per week/apartment single occupancy; $375 per week/ apartment shared occupancy (UAF)
- $375.00 per week/apartment single occupancy; $450per week/ apartment shared occupancy (non-UAF)
For more information, please call the Seward Marine Center at (907) 224-5261.