CAREER SERVICES RESOURCE GUIDES:
Explore and discuss which careers and majors best fit your goals and personality.
- Come ready to discuss likes/dislikes and explore options.
Refine your career application materials to connect to the job description and stand out from your competition.
- Bring a copy of your career application materials.
- If applying for a specific position, please bring a copy of the job description as well.
Polish your interview etiquette in a practice interview session with the Career and Academic Advisor. Treat this appointment like a real interview by dressing professionally, arriving early, etc.
- If you would like the practice interview to be specific to your field, please send the job description/and or specific area you are looking for a career in.
- Bring a copy of your resume/cover letter/CV.
All of our appointments can be facilitated over the computer for people who require distance appointments.
Virtual appointments use Google Hangouts and Google Docs to provide feedback and conversation. Once you make a virtual appointment, Career services will add a Google Hangouts link to the appointment invite.
- When you make your appointment, specify that it will be virtual.
- Indicate which kind of appointment you desire: Major Exploration, Resume/Cover Letter, Mock Interview, etc.
- Email your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one day before your appointment.
- Make sure you have access to Google Hangouts.
If you need an offline option, please email us and we will work around your needs.