Meet with a career advisor
Career Services offers one-on-one career advising to help you identify and pursue opportunities that match your interests, strengths and values. Our advisors talk you through your questions and ideas, share professional development tips and tricks and work with you to design a personalized career plan. We are here to support you at every stage of your college-to-career journey, from exploring potential paths to landing your first job.
Whether you are studying in Fairbanks, online or at a community campus, and whether you’re an undergrad, a graduate student or an alum — we welcome you to meet with a career advisor at any time of year, either in-person or virtually!
Students and alumni can meet with a career advisor in the following ways:
To schedule an appointment with a career advisor, follow the steps below:
- Log in to Nanook Navigator.
- Under the “Service” drop-down menu, select the appointment type that best describes
what you’d like to discuss. For a list of typical advising appointment topics, see
“Types of Advising Appointments.”
- Choose the appointment date that works best for you and select “Find Available Time”
to go to the next page.
- Under the “How would you like to meet?” drop-down menu, choose your preferred appointment
format (in person or virtual).
- In-person appointments will be held on the third floor of the Eielson Building in Room 304.
- Virtual appointments will be held on Zoom. You will receive an email with the Zoom
link in advance of the appointment.
- Choose the appointment time that works best for you.
- On the following page, in the box labeled “Would you like to share anything else?”
please briefly describe what you’d like to discuss during the appointment. Then select
"Schedule" to finish.
- If you're not sure what you want to discuss or if you want to go over multiple topics, reference “Types of Appointments” for discussion ideas.
If you cannot find a time or day that works for you or if you need to cancel your appointment, contact Career Services at 907-474-7596 or at email@example.com for further assistance.
Once your appointment is scheduled, you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions and information about your appointment.
We look forward to meeting you!