What we do at UAF is possible because of our amazing student employees! Discover exciting positions and join our dynamic student workforce.
Why get an on-campus job?
- Your course schedule won't be compromised — student jobs are designed to have flexible work hours.
- Gain valuable work experience while still in college.
- Conveniently located around campus, there is no need to waste time or gas commuting.
- Learn transferable skills such as leadership, initiative, communication and problem solving.
Where can you find on-campus jobs?
- Apply to on-campus jobs on the Careers at UA website.
- Find on-campus jobs on the Career Services Instagram page.
Students need to be enrolled in six credits or more and have at least a 2.0 GPA to be eligible for an on-campus student job. You will not need to take courses during the summer to begin or maintain student employment, as long as you are enrolled as a student for the coming fall semester.
- During the semester, students may work 20 hours a week.
- If you have a good academic standing, you can apply for a waiver to work up to 40
hours a week during the semester. These waivers are handled by the Office of Student
Rights and Responsibilities. See the student employee request waiver page for more information.
- Student employees can work 40 hours a week during spring break, winter break and the summer; however, the hours available will vary based on department and supervisor. Want more information? See the HR FAQ page.
Student positions are typically classed as student assistant A, B or C. Currently, student assistant A and B positions start at $10.19 hourly and student assistant C positions start at $10.50. Typically, the difference in classification comes down to job duties and expectations.