Free poster printing is available for undergraduate students who participate in Research and Creative Activity Day.
Posters may be sized up to 36" x 48" (the maximum size our printer will accommodate).
Files must be less than 50 MB.
- URSA-funded research posters must include the URSA logo (please see following section
for files). If your poster has been printed for another event and does not have the URSA logo,
that's fine - you may use that poster for RCA Day.
- Please do not use gradient backgrounds as they will not print correctly.
FYI: Posters are printed on matte poster paper. Please contact the URSA office for any additional details.
If you choose to also include a UAF logo, please make sure to follow the institution's branding guidelines. The UAF logo page offers a variety of styles and sizes.
See UAF's ScholarWorks URSA Archive for examples of past URSA Posters!
There are numerous poster templates available online for free.
Here are two of the many examples available:
You may also see the RCA Poster Archives for more inspiration.
*Please format video recordings in widescreen format (rather than portrait).*
Video recording and editing tools
Recommended/ accessible tools:
- Zoom (Presentation with poster shared on screen)
- Kaltura Personal Capture (Mac & Windows)
- Basic recording tools:
- Entry-level editing tools:
- Intermediate & Advanced Editing Tools
The Writing Center is a student-staffed tutoring service focused on building the writing skills of the UAF learning community. Tutors include English Department teaching assistants and a few outstanding undergraduates. Tutors collaborate with each student on a one-to-one basis, and we will work with students at any phase of the writing process—planning, drafting and revising. We can also help writers discover ways of improving grammar, mechanics, and punctuation.
Book an appointment to go over your URSA Proposal prior to submission!
- The UAF Communication Center increases the personal, professional, and civic impact of UAF by enhancing the communication competence of its community members.
- They are a student-focused resource center that offers assistance and coaching services for a wide range of needs, including: speech outline structuring, critical listening, topic selection, presentation practice, thesis statements development, nonverbals, communication anxiety management, mock interview prep, visual aid assistance, video review, and more!
- Schedule a one-on-one 30 minute session with a Communication Coach. (*The majority of coaching sessions will be held virtually for AY22-23.)
- The Rasmuson Library offers online resources for citing and documenting resources you may use in your research and/or poster development processes.
- See this Citation webpage for more information.
- Citations Workshop Video: How to cite your sources without stress
URSA offers equipment rentals for URSA-related activities conducted by active, URSA-funded students. Please email the URSA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve an item.
- GoPro (HERO8) & Accessory Kit
- Mission: To foster personal growth and a spirit of adventure for the UAF community through education, experience and accessibility in the wilderness of Alaska and right here on campus.
- Outdoor Adventures offers outdoor gear rentals for a standard rental fee. Equipment fees may be written into a proposal as a "service."
- Gear Rental Portal
URSA has an in-house full format printer and will print posters for any undergraduate student presenting at a conference!
As soon as you confirm your presentation and finalize your poster, please contact us with the date you would like to pickup you poster. Advance notice of at least a week is requested to ensure the printer is supplied and properly serviced.
See the poster design resources above for printing specifications. To request a poster print, please contact URSA at email@example.com.
Poster Board Loan
23 poster boards are available for loan from URSA for research-related events.
These 4' x 8' boards belong to the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and are co-managed by URSA and the Biology & Wildlife Department. Borrowers must arrange for pick up and delivery from the Murie Science Building.
Please see the calendar below for poster board availability and contact the URSA office and B&W (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve: