UAF Research and Creative Activity Day
Research and Creative Activity (RCA) Day is UAF's annual celebration of undergraduate student experiences across campus!
This annual event allows students to showcase their scholarly experiences from the current academic year through posters, presentations, creative displays, and public performances. Both URSA-funded and non-URSA students are encouraged to participate.
All UAF students, faculty, staff, and the community at large are invited to attend. After two years of virtual celebrations, we are excited to gather together in-person on the UAF campus.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Sunday, March 12th, 2023
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT MATERIALS: Sunday, March 19th, 2023
Register for the Zoom! (link forthcoming)
Submit your Poster (link forthcoming)
Wood Center, Multi-lelvel Lounge See event program to the right.
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wood Center, Multi-level Lounge
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Thursday, April 6, 2023
Wood Center, Multi-level Lounge
Posters available for public viewing.
|12:00 PM - 2:00 PM||
Presentation Session and Judging Period
|4:00 PM - 5:00 PM||
Awards Ceremony and Reception
Frequently Asked Questions
Any UAF undergraduate student who is participating in, or has completed, their own mentor-supervised research or creative project can participate in RCA Day.
- Students from all disciplines and all UAF-affiliated campuses are invited to share their work at this event.
- Individual and group presentations are allowed.
- Students do not need prior affiliatio with URSA in order to participate.
- Projects do not need to be completed works! In-progress projects showing their preliminary or anticipated results are also welcome.
Research and creative endeavours can range widely in form depending on the discipline. What is important is that your work was mentor-supervised, is original, and represents scholarly effort.
- Projects may take the form of the final product of an URSA award or UAF-affiliated research, a capstone course or senior thesis, or university-sanctioned project.
- If you have any questions regarding a specific project, please contact the URSA Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day of the event:
- Poster Session: All presenters are expected to be present with their display from 12:00 -2:00 pm
while judges are reviewing entries.
- URSA will print all posters submitted prior to the posted submission deadline.
- We will print and hang the submitted posters on the boards prior to the event start.
- Poster boards will be supplied at the event.
- Awards Ceremony: All presenters are expected to be present for the closing award ceremony and reception from 4:00 -5:00 pm.
Please visit our Presenter Resources page for guidance on poster design, video recording and editing tools, and oral presentation resources on campus.
RCA Day Awards will be presented at the Award Ceremony held at the end of the all-day event. We encourage all presenters and community members to attend.
DEANS' CHOICE AWARDS:
- Awarded by the Dean of each of UAF's seven colleges/schools to their top pick within their unit.
- Dean's will review and judge all projects within their unit, announcing one Dean's Choice and one Honorable Mention Award.
- The Dean's Choice Award is a monetary prize and will be sent to the recipient's Student Account following the event.
- URSA will draw 2 names from all presenting students for a $500 scholarship.
- Attendance prizes will be deposited in student accounts following the event.
After the event:
- Participant names, project titles, posters, and presentation videos will be published on the URSA website.
- Posters are also archived with the UAF Elmer E. Rasmuson Library Scholarworks page.
See the URSA Research and Creative Activity Day Archive for examples: