Web and social media
University Relations creates and maintains a variety of UAF websites for advancement, faculty and staff communications, and public and alumni relations. UAF also has a strong presence on a variety of social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Websites managed by University Relations include the UAF homepage and secondary pages, the UAF news and information website, the chancellor's website, the Office of Development website, the Alumni Relations website and more.
University Relations can help university departments produce professional, high-quality, attractive, well-written websites. All new requests for website review should be directed to the University Relations general request form.
- Review for compliance with the web guidelines including correct banner usage, UAF logo usage, W3C accessibility guidelines, etc.
- Advance notice is appreciated. Fill out the University Relations general request form to schedule a website review.
- Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but projects can generally be turned around within three working days.
What we need from your department for review
- Give us advance notice of your project, what it is and when it will be available for review.
- Tell us the goal of the project, who the audience is and how your piece will be distributed.
- Your project should be complete and accurate when you give it to us.
- Send the URL of the not-yet-live site. We will provide comments via email.
- Omni CMS training
View OIT's Omni CMS training website and Blackboard Learn Course.
- Website basics
Quick guide to website best practices.
- UAF web guidelines
Developed to provide the official UAF presence on the web with a cohesive UAF identity and to help departments create, maintain and showcase their web resources.
- Web accessibility at UA
Review training videos and documenation on how to make your Omni CMS website and digital documents accessible.
- Optimizing Images for the Web
This short UAF eCampus tutorial walks through the basic steps of optimizing an image that will be used online.
- Search engine optimization
Information on how to improve your web pages so that they are more easily found by search engines and provide quality search results.
- Google Analytics Academy
Learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
In addition to managing the university’s social platforms, our team provides resources and advice to help you be successful on social media.