Web and social media
University Relations creates and maintains a variety of UAF websites for student services and advancement, faculty and staff communications, and public and alumni relations. These include the UAF homepage and secondary pages, the Cornerstone news and information website, the chancellor's website, the Admissions website and more.
University Relations can help university departments produce professional, high-quality, attractive, well-written websites. All new requests for website review should be directed to the University Relations general request form.
- Review for compliance with the web guidelines including correct banner usage, UAF logo usage, W3C accessibility guidelines, etc.
- Advance notice is appreciated. Fill out the University Relations general request form to schedule a website review.
- Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but projects can generally be turned around within three working days.
What we need from your department
- Your project should be complete and accurate when you give it to us.
- Give us advance notice of your project, what it is and when it will be available for
review. Once a schedule is set, if you miss agreed-upon deadlines, your project will
have to be rescheduled depending on University Relations workload.
- Tell us the goal of the project, who the audience is and how your piece will be distributed.
- Send the URL of the not-yet-live site. We will provide comments via email.
- Web accessibility checker
This site will check your webpage against accessibility standards (WCAG2 level AA).
- Google Analytics Academy
Learn the basic features of Google Analytics including how to create an account, implement tracking code, analyze basic reports, and set up goals and campaign tracking.
- Growing Accessibility
Choose from eight short UAF eCampus sessions focused on ways to immediately integrate accessibility for web and digital projects into your workflow.
- Optimizing Images for the Web
This short UAF eCampus tutorial walks through the basic steps of optimizing an image that will be used online.
- OU Campus training
View OIT's OU Campus training website and Blackboard Learn Course.
- Search engine optimization
Information on how to improve your web pages so that they are more easily found by search engines and provide quality search results.
- Web guidelines
Developed to provide the official UAF presence on the web with a cohesive UAF identity and to help departments create, maintain and showcase their web resources.
- Website basics
Quick guide to website best practices.
UAF has a strong presence on a variety of social platforms, including Facebook, Spotify, Tumblr and Twitter. In addition to managing the university’s social platforms, our team provides resources and advice to help you be successful on social media.
Not sure how many characters in a tweet or how to share links? This page will give you the basics.
If you are planning to launch a new social media platform for your unit, let us know so we can help you get off on the right foot.
Training and consulting
Need advice? Looking for some training resources? Contact us and we can help.