A strong visual identity contributes to the University of Alaska Fairbanks' reputation and brand, increases our ability to recruit outstanding students, staff and faculty, and allows us to engage alumni, donors and friends. Using consistent visual elements when representing UAF builds recognition. Just as a simple glance identifies a Starbucks coffee cup, friends and colleagues of UAF should be able to tell at a glance that a T-shirt, brochure, poster or other item is from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
University Relations is responsible for UAF's brand integrity. In addition to producing institutional publications for print and web such as Aurora magazine, Visit UAF tour rack card, student recruitment materials and the annual holiday e-card, we can provide creative consultation to help you promote your college, department, program or event. We offer concept development, branding information and guidance to make sure your online and print publications are professional, well-designed and well-written.
We can also review publications for editing and design. All new requests for creative consultation or publication review should be directed to our general request form.
University Relations editors can:
- Review grammar, clarity and appropriate use of the UAF name and nondiscrimination statement.
- Edit for style using the UAF editorial style guide.
- If specified, we can provide a less thorough review that will identify only those items that must be changed before publication.
Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but these are general guidelines:
- Quick reviews (one page or less): 2 working days
- Brochures, small publications: 3 working days
- Large projects: 5-7 working days
University Relations designers can:
- Review for correct use of the UAF logo, colors and appropriate use of UAF name.
- Review design and make recommendations.
- Review photos: check University Relations usage, cutline and credits.
Turnaround time varies depending on workloads, but review of projects can generally be turned around within three working days.
- Trademark usage review: 1-2 working days
- Publication, advertising, signage, banner review: 1-2 working days
- Design review and recommendation: 5-7 working days