|Diploma information:||Petition types & information:|
Get it done! Tips and tools to help you graduate on time.
Students are individually responsible for meeting all academic regulations and degree/certificate requirements. Students must submit an Application for Graduation during, or before, the semester they intend to graduate. See deadlines.
Graduating with Honors
Please consult UAF's policy on graduating with honors.
Finishing your requirements
In order for you to earn your degree, all requirements must be completed by the end of the semester in which you are graduating.
Incomplete or Deferred Grade
Your degree cannot be granted if you have an incomplete or deferred grade for a required course. Change of Grades must be received by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
If you will be using transfer credit to complete your degree requirements, you must have an official transcript sent to the Office of the Registrar as soon as your grade(s) are available. All transcripts must be received by the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us to expect them.
CLEP test scores
If you will be using test scores to complete your degree requirements, we must receive official test scores before the last day of the semester in which you intend to graduate.
If all graduation requirements are completed by the end of the semester, the certificate/degree will be awarded within six weeks after final grades have posted. Diplomas will be sent out approximately six weeks after the end of the semester.
Once your degree is posted you can view it on your unofficial transcript on UAOnline.
Applications will be cancelled for all students who are unable to meet their graduation requirements by the end of the semester. Students must reapply for graduation for the semester they intend to graduate.
Graduation application deadlines - 2018/2019
- Fall: Monday, Oct. 15, 2018
- Spring: Friday, Feb. 15, 2019
- Summer: Monday, July 15, 2019
**Other offices will post deadlines for the general student populace. However, if you are a student who is currently up for graduation, these are the deadlines to which you must adhere.**
Undergraduate degree/Certificate candidates:
- March 15, 2019
- Late applications for Graduation DUE by 11:59pm
- Change of Majors & Admission Applications for Spring 2019 graduation applicants DUE by 5pm
- May 8, 2019
- Petitions, Memos, & Advisor Elective Approvals DUE by 5 p.m.
- All Test Scores (i.e. CLEP, Library Skills Competency, etc.) DUE by 5 p.m.
- Official transcripts from other institutions DUE by 5pm (Including coursework that you recently completed or are currently enrolled in that has not been transferred to UAF)
- Change of Grade (including Incomplete or Deferred) DUE by 5 p.m.
- Grades DUE by noon (12 p.m.)
Graduate degree candidates:
Please review Graduate School dates and deadlines.