GAAP's purpose is to help accounting students:
- learn about the diverse career opportunities available for accounting graduates
- acquire an understanding of the day-to-day work of a professional accountant
- understand career planning and prepare for successful professional placement
Participation in GAAP develops students into professionals who are confident and qualified
to accept staff accountant positions that require interaction with CEOs and other
high-level management on a daily basis.
GAAP is open to anyone who is interested in professional development and learning
about the accounting career opportunities available after graduation. To be an official
member there is a membership fee; however, attending weekly meetings does not require
GAAP offers many activities that encourage social interaction with accounting faculty,
alumni, and students.
- Meetings with professional speakers
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Office visits to local accounting firms
- Spring break trip to Anchorage businesses and firms
- Resume writing workshops
- Community service activities
Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Each year, GAAP provides free income tax assistance, preparation and electronic filing.
The GAAP club will be available in the Bunnell Building during the tax season to help
you with your taxes.
For dates and times, check out the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program page.
Students! Get ready for the 2019 Accounting Recruitment Weeks!