Great Alaskan Accounting People
GAAP's purpose is to help accounting students:
- Learn about the diverse career opportunities available for accounting graduates
- Acquire an understanding of the day-to-day work of a professional accountant
- Understand career planning and prepare for successful professional placement
Participation in GAAP develops students into professionals who are confident and qualified to accept staff accountant positions that require interaction with CEOs and other high-level management on a daily basis.
GAAP is open to anyone who is interested in professional development and learning about the accounting career opportunities available after graduation. To be an official member there is a membership fee; however, attending weekly meetings does not require membership.
GAAP offers many activities that encourage social interaction with accounting faculty, alumni, and students.
- Meetings with professional speakers
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
- Office visits to local accounting firms
- Spring break trip to Anchorage businesses and firms
- Resume writing workshops
- Community service activities
Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
Each year, GAAP provides free income tax assistance, preparation and electronic filing. The GAAP club will be available in the Bunnell Building during the tax season to help you with your taxes.
For dates and times, check out the Voluntary Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program page.
Fall 2023 Meetings
GAAP meets weekly on Thursdays from 1:10-1:50 p.m. in JUB 305 or via Zoom.
To receive the Zoom link, contact GAAP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 Schedule
If you are interested in seeing what GAAP has to offer please check out the Fall 2023 GAAP Schedule.