Faculty & Staff
UAF Career Services welcomes any opportunity to partner with faculty and staff on career-related presentations, workshops, and events.
If you're interested in using our services as a part of your course or student organization, please fill out the UAF Career Services Collaboration Form, or make an appointment to meet with us at least two weeks in advance from the planned date of your event.
If you have any neat ideas or questions about working with us, we'd love to chat. Give us a call at (907) 474-7596, send an email to email@example.com, or come on over to Gruening 510!
This year, National Student Employee Appreciation Week is April 14 - 19, but we don't want to stop the fun--UAF Career Services will be celebrating Student Employee Appreciation all month long!
Do you have an outstanding student employee?
We want to help you recognize them! Send a photo and/or short paragraph about what makes your student employee awesome to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share it on our Facebook page.
Resume Renovation with the UAF Writing Center
CV Writing Workshop with Biomedical Learning and Student Training (BLaST)
Resume Workshop with Biomedical Learning and Student Training (BLaST)
Individual resume and cover letter editing sessions for every student in a HLTH F110 course (Professional Skills for the Workplace)
Interested in seeing YOUR course or organization up there? Contact us or fill out the UAF Career Services Collaboration Form!
FAQs from Faculty & Staff
Our normal office hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and you can find us on the 5th floor of Gruening in room 510.
Our goal is to serve students' career-related needs. We offer a variety of free services for students and host career-related events throughout the school year. Our most requested services include:
- Resume and cover letter editing (offered as individual sessions a workshops)
- Major/career exploration (Strong Interest Inventory and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment)
- Mock interview sessions
See the complete list of our services on our Students page.
When we receive job opportunities from employers, we share it with the UAF community in a variety of ways. Job opportunities can be found in the following places:
- On our Facebook page as a post.
- On our job board which can be found in the entryway facing the UAF Bookstore on the 3rd floor of Gruening.
- Emails--we share job opportunities with the most applicable departments/programs, which usually maintain their own kind of newsletter or job board. Make sure students check their emails!
If you or a student are seeking a job in a specific area, let us know and we'll help you find what you're looking for.
Faculty and staff are welcome to attend all of our events, and we'd love to support your students and organization with our services! For a schedule of our events, please see our Events page.
Having connections with different departments and organizations helps us achieve our goal of serving students' career-related needs, so please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, feedback or comments!
We'd love the opportunity to share our knowledge with students. By integrating our services with your course or student organization, we can help them in these ways:
- Prepare for a job fair/hiring event
- Become familiar with the job search process
- Create and maintain current job application materials
- Expand on a topic taught in your course
Most of our services can be transformed into presentations and workshops, and we're happy to tailor it to your specific needs. Here are some examples from the past:
- Resume 101 Presentation with the Great Alaskan Accounting People (GAAP)
- CV Writing Workshop with Biomedical Learning and Student Training (BLaST)
- Individual resume and cover letter editing sessions for every student in a HLTH F110 course (Professional Skills for the Workplace)
And we're willing to try new things, too--fill out the UAF Career Services Presentation Request Google form to share your ideas with us and we'll reach out to you as soon as we receive it.
UAF Career Services is applicable no matter what kind of course you teach or what your student organization focuses on, because students can never be too prepared for a job opportunity.
- Nearly every employer requests a resume. It is best to have an updated version, or at least know how to create one.
- With how often we receive vacancy announcements from employers, an amazing job or internship might come along with a short time frame for applications. It is in everyone's best interest to maintain an updated resume, as well as ideas for cover letters.
- It is never too early to begin preparing for a career after college. The sooner students become familiar with the job search process and career application materials, the smoother the transition can be after graduating.
- Dedicating time to learn about the job search process and career application materials is the same as making an investment in your future; students have nothing to lose.
- Plenty of students work while they're still in school, and we can help with that too.