Fall 2023 Accounting Recruitment Week
Welcome to Accounting Recruitment Week at the University of Alaska Fairbanks! Through this series of events, we look forward to connecting current students and alumni with your accounting internship and career opportunities!
Guide for success
- Tuesday, August 1 @ 8:00 am AKT: Early registration opens
- Tuesday, August 8 @ 5:00 pm AKT: Early registration deadline
- Tuesday, August 22 @ 5:00 pm AKT: Regular registration deadline
- Tuesday, August 29 @ 5:00 pm AKT: Payment Deadline
- Tuesday, September 12 @ 5:00 pm AKT: Deadline to post jobs to Handshake
- Tuesday, September 19 @ 5:00 pm AKT: UAA Meet the Firms (listed here as a courtesy)
- Friday, September 22 @ 1:00-7:00 pm: CBSM Accounting Day
- 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Student Panel (GAAP)**
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm Professional Panel (GAAP)**
- 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm: UAF Meet the Firms
- 5:00 pm: UAF Accounting Club (GAAP) dinner**
- Sunday, October 1 @ 11:59 pm AKT: Candidate application deadlines
- October 4 - October 20: Interview dates on-campus or off-campus
- Friday, October 27 @ 5:00 pm: Deadline for applicants to accept or decline offers (offers cannot expire before this date)
**The Accounting Clubs' events are listed here as a courtesy, but are hosted by the clubs and they will communicate with invitees directly.
Early Registration opens August 1, 2023 @ 8:00 am AKT.
- UAA Meet the Firms Event and Interviews $150.00
- UAF Meet the Firms Event and Interviews $150.00
- Involvement at both locations $264 (a 12% discount)
*Employers who have not paid their early registration fee by the early registration deadline (August 8 @ 5:00 pm AKT) will be upgraded to the regular registration fee.
Registration increases on August 8, 2023 @ 5:00 pm AKT.
- UAA Meet the Firms Event and Interviews $200.00
- UAF Meet the Firms Event and Interviews $200.00
- Involvement at both locations $352 (a 12% discount)
Registration closes on August 22, 2023 @ 5:00 pm AKT.
**Payments received after August 29, at 5:00 pm AKT will be assessed a $50 late fee
$25 Refreshment Table Contribution
To encourage more students to participate in the fair, we will have refreshments available for fair goers. If your business would like to help contribute to the refreshment table, please do so during registration. We will be sure to include your company name and/or logo on the refreshment table on the day of the event thanking you for your contribution. Thank you for helping us think outside the box to increase attendance!
We hope that an organization will not cancel, but in the event that an organization chooses to withdraw completely from an event, the following refund schedule will apply.
- A full refund will be honored if cancellation is received via email at least 10 business days prior to the event date. Cancellations after this date are non-refundable.
- Additionally, no-shows are non-refundable/non-transferable.
- In case an event or fair needs to be canceled or have its date moved, organizations that have already paid will receive a full refund.
- Registration fee covers participation in Meet the Firms and Interview Week. An employer's decision to attend only one of these will not result in a partial refund.
Space is limited so please let us know immediately if you need to cancel as other employers may be waiting to register. We appreciate your consideration.
Friday, September 22 in the Wood Center Ballroom
This Fall's Accounting Recruitment Week Meet the Firms events will be held on Friday, September 22 at UAF. This event will be an interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with firms.
- 3-3:30 pm | Firm rep arrival, check in and table setup
- 3:30-5:00 pm | Main event: An interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with firms
- To find the Nenana lot, enter the campus via Thompson Drive. At the roundabout take the immediate right onto Tanana Loop. The Nenana lot will be the first right.
- There is a heated shuttle stop located in the center of the parking lot. The shuttle will take you directly to the Wood Center (it stops first at the Eielson Building--don’t get off here unless you’re trying to get your steps in!).
- You can track the shuttle. The Nenana shuttle route is blue and the ride takes approximately 7-10 minutes.
What is provided:
- (1) table
- (2) chairs
What to bring:
- Tablecloth for a 8-foot table
- Any informational materials or QR codes leading students to open opportunties or career pathway information
- Giveaways or swag you wish to share
**The other CBSM Accounting Day events, including the panels and the dinner, will be organized and communicated by the Accounting Club directly.
October 4th-20th (on or off campus)
We are excited to announce that we have changed the interview process to reduce the burden and barriers for both students and employers! Interviews no longer need to be scheduled in Handshake. Instead, you may extend and hold interviews on your own. Both UAA and UAF will have space available on campus should you wish to hold interviews on campus, but it is not required. Interviews may take place virtually, on campus, or at your office.
We do ask that you please follow the ARW timeline in respect of our students who are interviewing with multiple firms. Interviews must be held October 4 - October 20, with a student deadline to accept or decline an offer no sooner than Friday, October 27, 2023.
Employers who are seeking interview space on-campus must reach out to UAF (email@example.com) by Friday, September 29.
Preparing your materials
- With so many employers present at our fast-paced fair, it can be hard to catch and hold students' attention. Here are some tips for reaching our students at UAA:
- Students are more likely to visit your table if they have an idea of what you can offer them and want to learn more. We request that you post your jobs in Handshake by September 12 so that students can view them before the fair.
- Students appreciate something they can take with them after the conversation. In addition to providing a business card, we recommend offering a flyer with information about your open positions.
- Include a QR code on your flyer or at your table that students can scan to view all of your open positions. You can create free QR codes that do not expire through Canva or QRCode Monkey.
Chatting with attendees
- Career Services provides career fair preparation resources, workshops, emails, and handouts for all students. Still, many of our students are new to networking and still building their confidence. Here are some tips for connecting with our students:
- Break the ice by asking students about their major and extracurricular activities.
- Ask students if they have a particular career in mind or if they are still exploring their career interests.
- Provide information about current opportunities and career growth opportunities within your company.
- Some students have physical copies of their resumes ready for you, while others may have them uploaded to Handshake. Be sure to ask students how to best follow up with them.