Sponsors may contact PIs or OGCA to request updated proposal information to continue with proposal review process or a sponsor may need updated information in order to issue an award. Policies, procedures and time frames vary regarding post submission materials and requirements that must be met before an award can be issued or accepted. PI’s work with OGCA to develop a response to sponsor requests and OGCA submits documentation to sponsor agency. Typical requests include, but are not limited to:
Just in Time/Supporting Proposal Information: Sponsor request for additional information after proposal submission. After a proposal has been submitted a sponsor may contact the PI or OGCA to submit supporting proposal information such as IRB/IACUC approvals, current and pending support, completion of sponsor specific forms, etc. PI should forward all sponsor requests to OGCA and OGCA will work with PI to respond to sponsor request.
- Any time a sponsor requests or requires a change in the originally proposed budget or scope of work, the Principal Investigator should always notify and coordinate a response through the OGCA before submitting a revised budget or scope of work to the sponsor.
Pre-Award Spending Advance Approval (PASAA): PI request to incur project expenses prior to receipt of an award or prior to award start date. The need to establish advanced spending may arise when:
- UAF has received an award but spending is necessary prior to the official start date fo the project so expenses will fall outside the period of performance of an award.
- Spending is necessary prior to the internal set-up of an award but expenses will fall within the anticipated period of performance of an award.
- Award is already in place but UAF is waiting on receipt of an incremental funding award notice (e.g. additional year funding).
- A no-cost extension has been requested and OGCA is waiting on sponsor approval.
Revised Budget: If a sponsor agency determines that it intends to fund a proposal but at an amount less than what was requested in the budget, the agency may request a revised budget. If a PI is asked by a grant agency to revise a proposed budget, the unit should prepare a revision using the standard process and naming conventions.