Office of Grants & Contracts Administration
Coronavirus informationVisit the UA coronavirus information website to learn how the University of Alaska is responding to the novel coronavirus/COVID-19 situation and find links to communications, policy guidance and resources.
UAF Mission Statement
The University of Alaska Fairbanks is a Land, Sea, and Space Grant university and an international center for research, education, and the arts, emphasizing the circumpolar North and its diverse peoples. UAF integrates teaching, research, and public service as it educates students for active citizenship and prepares them for lifelong learning and careers.
UAF Vision Statement: Excellence through transformative experiences
Defined as: The University of Alaska Fairbanks is renowned for its Arctic research, Alaska Native and Indigenous programs, entrepreneurship, workforce development, and hands-on, personalized learning. UAF provides a world-class, inclusive experience — energized by innovative research, community engagement, student-centered teaching and creative expression.
OGCA Mission Statement
OGCA is UAF's centralized office for research administration, handling activities throughout the project lifecycle from inception to closeout. Our mission is to add value at UAF by serving faculty and staff through transparent and efficient processes that facilitate research and other sponsored activities.
OGCA Vision Statement
OGCA promotes a culture of accountability, responsibility, and transparency by providing excellence in service, valuing collaborations, creativity, and consistency by creating an enriching environment to facilitate research and other sponsored activities.
OGCA Guiding Values
- Leadership: Demonstrating energy and commitment to improving results
- Creativity: Encouraging innovation, flexibility, and adaptability
- Communication and Consistency: Encouraging and promoting open communication
- Teamwork: Working cooperatively as a member of a team and being committed to the team vision and mission.
- Integrity: Demonstrating honest behavior.
- Accountability: Taking responsibility and ownership for decisions, actions, and results.
- Proposal Preparation, Analysis, and Submission
- Award Negotiation and Liaison with Sponsors
- Award Acceptance and Execution
- Post-Award Management and Administration
- Policy Guidance
- Service to Faculty and Units, including Training and Development Activities around Research Administration
- Information and Reporting
Please note that this site is continually being updated to ensure you have the most current and relevant content. In the meantime, if you cannot find something or need assistance, please let us know!