Proposal Review and Endorsement
As UAF's authorized institutional office, OGCA staff review and approve all proposals on behalf of the Principal Investigator and the University. OGCA provides a comprehensive pre-submission administrative review to ensure a complete and accurate proposal and compliance with sponsor and UAF institutional policies. At times, OGCA requests changes that will bring the proposal into compliance with guidelines and policies, or suggest changes to enhance funding success. When the proposal has passed our review, OGCA provides institutional endorsement of the proposal (RPAS).
Please note **OGCA requires a minumum of 5 business days to review all proposal submissions**
If you need an exception to this requirement, you will need to fill out the submission exception form.
OGCA reserves the right to require changes based on specifics of a review, sponsor requirements, and/or changes to institutional policy.
OGCA Review Processes
Once OGCA receives all necessary and final documents, our staff complete the proposal review process. This involves the following, but is not an exhaustive or all-inclusive list:
- Reviewing the solicitation, program announcement, or request for proposals (RFP) (if applicable)
- Assuring that the principal investigator, all co-investigators, the dean or director, fiscal officer, and proposal coordinator (as applicable) have signed off on proposal related documents needing signatures.
- Assuring that all required conflict of interest certifications have been completed (when applicable)
- Reconciling effort commitments in the proposal
- Verifying that correct rates and bases have been applied and calculated in the budget for fringe benefits and facilities and administrative costs (F&A)
- Confirming cost sharing requirements and University funding sources (when applicable)
- Reviewing equipment quotes, subaward budgets, protocol approvals, etc. (when applicable)
- Reviewing the budget justification to ensure that the explanation of budget line items is reasonable and accurate, includes only allowable costs, and matches the work proposed
- Reviewing the proposal documents to ensure that all sponsor requirements have been addressed and that page limits and other formatting requirements are accordance with the sponsor guidelines
- Reviewing and making sure all UAF internal documents are provided and signed off on before submission is approved. This includes FARE forms, CAS forms, RPAS's, and other required internal documents.
*OGCA reserves the right to provide limited reviews on any submissions given to OGCA without the full 5 buisness days to review**