Current graduate students
The UAF Graduate School is here to support you in your journey from admission through graduation.
Along with our partners across campus, we are committed to providing the guidance, wellness resources and academic support you need to thrive as you work toward your degree.
Academic policies and regulations cover student status, academic progress, grading systems, required training and the student code of conduct. These serve as the rules of the road as you progress toward your degree. It is important to familiarize yourself with these policies and procedures.
Find funding options to support your grad studies. Learn how to apply for assistantships, scholarships, tuition assistance and loans.
Stay on track from the start! Make note of important dates and deadlines for each semester, from your first semester to your last.
Keeping your academic records up to date is an important aspect of your graduate career. These records confirm your academic progress and capture the major milestones along your journey. Find a list of graduate student forms for each stage of your degree below.
All UAF Graduate Assistants and some Fellows are provided health insurance coverage through United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR). UAF students also have access to the Student Health and Counseling Center. The center provides further information about health insurance options for students under the Insurance drop-down on their home page.
Graduate Student Health Insurance is a no opt-out policy and will act as a secondary policy where prior insurance is held by student employees.
Visit the UHCSR website to create your account, and:
- Print your insurance card
- Add dependents
- Find providers
The Graduate Student Health Insurance Policy offers supplementary vision and dental plans at an additional monthly cost. These plans are available to all students that are enrolled in the graduate student health insurance plan. The students who enroll in these supplementary plans must pay for them personally, as they are not paid by the university. Students interested in the vision and/or dental plans should work directly with UHCSR to enroll.
Heath Insurance Costs 2023-2024
|Fall 2023 Graduate Health Insurance Cost:
|Spring & Summer 2024 Graduate Health insurance Cost:
- Once the primary enrollment information has been submitted (student information), dependents may be enrolled online using the provided step-by-step instruction guide (PDF).
- Dependents must be enrolled prior to the established cut-off dates:
- Fall Term: November 1
- Spring Term: March 1
- Summer Term: June 15
- In the case of a Qualifying Life Event, students will have 30 days from the event date to enroll new dependents. Should you have further questions about enrolling dependents, please contact UHCSR directly.
Form 1095-B is used to report certain information to the Internal Revenue Service and to taxpayers about individuals who are covered by minimum essential coverage and therefore are not liable for the individual shared responsibility payment.
- Visit http://www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount and log in or create your MyAccount.
- Once logged in, use the left navigation bar to navigate to the Tax Information, My Personal Information, and Email Preferences areas to enter and/or confirm the following information: Name; SSN or ITIN; Date of Birth; Mailing Address; Email Address.
- Under Tax Information, you can select electronic or paper delivery of your 1095B.
- UHCSR contact information: 844-206-0374. Please note that customer service representatives will not be able to collect your Social Security Number over the phone.
You can visit the Student Health and Counseling Center for many basic medical services.
You can also review a list of providers (PDF) who confirmed that they provide in-network service as of Summer 2023.
If you cannot find a specialist within 50 miles, your policy allows you to visit an out-of-network provider at the preferred provider cost level for covered medical procedures. You must work with your health provider and the insurance company to ensure this policy is followed if you visit an out-of-network provider because there are none in network available.
Find the information you need to plan your graduation, including timelines by semester, important deadlines, and formatting and submission guidelines for dissertations, theses and projects.
Find answers to our graduate students' most frequently asked questions while pursuing their degrees.
The mission of the Graduate School Student Advisory Board is to work with the Graduate School to maintain and improve the quality of graduate education at UAF and to enrich the academic, professional and social experience of graduate students. Composed of graduate students from programs across the university, the GSSAB brings a student voice to the Graduate School.
UAF Community and Technical College offers a discount on RECR courses for nonresident grad students . Complete the online form (UA login required) to sign up by the fee payment deadline each semester.
New grad student orientation covers topics such as getting started in the Graduate School, what to expect in your first year, and how our team is here to help you.