The Graduate School staff is here for you!
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our office is currently closed for in-person customer
service and our staff are currently working from home to practice social distancing
Phone: (907) 474-7464
We are periodically checking voicemail and regularly responding to email during regular business hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To receive a callback, please leave your name, phone number, student ID number, and a brief message.
Webchat | Another option is to visit our homepage and use the chat feature in the left bottom corner
We offer one-on-one thesis formatting review sessions! Sessions are primarily intended for those who are planning on graduating in the current
semester; and as such, your thesis should be in near final draft form.
These sessions are strictly limited to 30 minutes. Email us to schedule a session!
Summer 2020 Thesis formatting sessions
Please join us for a thesis/dissertation formatting session. We review the process and timeline for the submission process and review the most
common formatting errors that we see when reviewing student submissions.
This is a great place to ask questions and gain a better understanding of the UAF formatting guidelines. The students who participate in our formatting sessions usually have fewer errors to correct at the time of submission, which also reduces the amount of stress they experience in the final stages of finishing their degree.
We hope to see you there!
As soon as the next sessions will be announced, we will ask you to register by filling a form to secure a spot. Once registered, we will send you an invite with a Zoom link.
Fall 2020 Orientation for new graduate students
Come and meet the Graduate School team, and learn what services and support we offer you for this new academic endeavour.
It is always greatly valuable to put a face to a name, as much for us as for you.
And we always have swag and snacks, as we like to spoil you!
Friday, August 21, 2020
Time: 1 p.m.
Upcoming deadlines for funding oppportunities
- Graduate School Travel Grant Application Form | Deadline to apply: Not accepting applications at this time.
- Graduate School's Thesis, Dissertation, Project Fellowship Program | Deadline to apply: Not accepting applications at this time.
- Graduate School's Degree Completion Scholarship Program | Deadline to apply: Not accepting applications at this time.
- Robert and Judy Belous Global Change Research Endowment | Deadline to apply: Accepting applications now
Have questions about graduate assistant health insurance?
Visit UnitedHealthCare to create your account and:
- Print your insurance card
- Add dependents
- Find providers
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Full Policy Booklet
- Traveling? Click here for information about your plan when you're away from home.
How to access your 1098-B Form:
- Visit www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount and log in or create your MyAccount.
- Once logged in, use the left navigation bar to navigate to the Tax Information, My Personal Information, and Email Preferences areas to enter and/or confirm the following information: Name; SSN or ITIN; Date of Birth; Mailing Address; Email Address.
- Under Tax Information, you can select electronic or paper delivery of your 1095B.
- UHCSR contact information: 844-206-0374. Please note that customer service representatives will not be able to collect your Social Security Number over the phone.
Discounted recreational (RECR) courses for non-resident graduate students
UAF Community and Technical College is once again offering to discount RECR courses for non-resident graduate students only.
If you would like to take a RECR course for the Spring 2020 semester, and are a non-resident graduate student, please fill out the online form by Friday, January 24th.
Please note: In order to access the form, you will need to be logged into your @alaska.edu
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Martha Westphal at email@example.com or 907-455-2886.
Make sure you are not missing anything!
- For important information about dates, deadlines, requirements, funding opportunities, please subscribe to the Grad Academic Listserv: https://lists.alaska.edu/mailman/listinfo/gradacademic-l
- For information about local events, jobs, housing, sales, please subscribe to the Grad School Listserv: https://lists.alaska.edu/mailman/listinfo/gradschool-l
Don't miss out!
VIRTUAL: Registration link coming soon.
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM