As we begin the Fall 2022 semester, Student Health & Counseling would like to remind students, staff, and faculty of the various groups we are offering. Groups and workshops are open to all UA students, regardless of campus location. Descriptions and registration links are listed below:
A place for those who are grieving
Life After Loss is a grief support group open to any student who has experienced loss. We will give grief a voice and share our stories, giving meaning and healing a seat at the table, offering peace, understanding and the experience of feeling deeply known and seen.
- Time and place: Fridays via Zoom from noon-1 p.m.
- February 17, 2023: Sharing Our Stories
- February 24, 2023: Who Taught You to Grieve?
- March 3, 2023: Anniversaries & Triggers
- March 10, 2023: Disenfranchised Grief
- March 24, 2023: Collective Grief
- March 31, 2023: Anticipatory Grief
- April 7, 2023: Secondary Losses
- April 14, 2023: Spirituality
- April 21: Sharing Resources, Sharing Hope
Mindful Mondays is an open drop-in group for UA students, staff, and faculty who are interested in learning about and practicing mindfulness. Each week we cover a different topic related to mindfulness and meditation–feel free to join in one class or join them all!
- Time and place: Most Mondays via Zoom from noon-1 p.m.
- January 30, 2023: What is Mindfulness?
- February 6, 2023: Mindfulness of Breath
- February 13, 2023: Mindfulness of Body: Body Scan
- February 20, 2023: Mindfulness of Body: Using the Senses
- February 27, 2023: Mindfulness of Body: Eating and Movement
- March 6, 2023: Mindfulness of Thoughts
- March 20, 2023: Mindfulness of Emotions
- March 27, 2023: Mindful Minute: Short Exercises
- April 3, 2023: Self-Compassion & Lovingkindness
- April 10, 2023: Radical Acceptance & Gratitude
- April 17, 2023: FAQs and Additional Resources
A Stress and Coping Workshop Series
Take Charge of Your Headspace is a skills based workshop focusing on stress management and coping while being a college student. This series is available to all students, regardless of eligibility. This is a topical workshop series so you can attend one or attend them all, depending on where your interests are.
- Time and place: Tuesdays via Zoom from noon-1 p.m.
- January 17, 2023: Coping with Stress & Change
- January 24, 2023: Time & Stress Management
- January 31, 2023: Healthy Relationships & Boundaries
- February 7, 2023: Self-care & Tending to Relationships
- February 14, 2023: Mastering Your Memory for exams
- February 21, 2023: Coping with Depression/Anxiety
- March 7, 2023: Self-care & Sleep
- March 21, 2023: Resiliency - What is it?
- March 28, 2023: Mastering Your Memory for exams
- April 4, 2023: Coping with Depression/Anxiety
- April 11, 2023: Study Skills & Test Anxiety
- April 18, 2023: Time & Stress Management
- April 25, 2023: Self-care & Coping
- May 2, 2023: Wellness, Healthy Diet & Exercise