Eligibility and fees
All UAF students pay a consolidated fee and that is what allows students to be seen at the Student Health and Counseling Center. If for some reason the fee is not on your student account, you can add the fee to your student account as long as you are enrolled in credits at UAF. You can fill out the Additional Fees Form on Bursar's Office website under student forms.
Note: The Student Health and Counseling Center fee is not insurance and does not provide any type of insurance coverage.
Fairbanks Consolidated Fee (depends on number of credits being taken)
Fall and spring semesters:
The fee is automatically assessed for students enrolled in any credits in the UAF system.
Basic medical and counseling services at the Student Health and Counseling Center on the Fairbanks campus. There is no office visit charge; however, additional fees are incurred when medications, labs, supplies or certain documentation are provided, or if students do not show up for appointments. If extended counseling visits are granted (see Counseling services) there is a $25 fee per session. See costs for services or the no-show fee policy.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
- General physicals requiring documentation: $30 plus any lab fees
- Annual gynecological exam: $50-$75
- Ibuprofen: $8
- Antidepressant medications: $15 - $40
- Birth control pills: $20
- Antibiotics: $10 - $35
- Acid reflux: $20
- Urinalysis: $15
- Strep screen: $15
- Complete blood count: $20
- Glucose: $15
- Ferritin: $20
- Iron panel: $35
- Lipid panel: $25
- Mono test: $15
- TSH (thyroid): $30
- Vitamin D: $50
- Flu test: $25
- Urine pregnancy test: $15
- Tdap or Td (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis ): Free
- Twinrix (Hepatitis A and B): $65 each
- Hepatitis B: $45 each
- Hepatitis A: $35 each
- Meningitis: Free (age restrictions apply)
- MMR (measles, mumps,rubella): free
- HPV (human papilloma virus): free (age restrictions apply)
- Influenza: free
A titer is a blood draw to check for immunity to certain diseases (free for eligible students; $30 for non-eligible students)
- Varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis A and B, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Tuberculosis tests:Ppd skin test: $10
- Quantiferon gold blood draw: $60
**Prices subject to change without notice