Department of Petroleum Engineering
- experimental and theoretical investigation into propped fracture conductivity in low and high permeability environments
- heavy oil reservoirs (production, completion and stimulation related challenges)
- data analysis using statistical and virtual intelligence techniques
- the incorporation of uncertainty into the models used by petroleum engineers to predict oil and gas well productivity using time series analysis methods.
- application of Monte Carlo techniques and stochastic differential equations to modeling uncertainty in petroleum production or reservoir engineering