Faculty & staff support
CRCD Business Office
The College of Rural and Community Development (CRCD) Business Office provides financial services and support to directors, faculty, staff and students. The Business Office team is committed to assisting CRCD's directors, faculty, staff and students with compliance in regard to federal, state and university policies and procedures and ensuring the accuracy of fiscal transactions.
The Business Office works in cooperation with their campus/unit, regions and the university community to support the broader mission of CRCD and the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
The Chancellor's Cornerstone Award recognizes University of Alaska Fairbanks staff for sustained outstanding contributions toward accomplishing and enhancing the UAF mission and strategic plan. Specific examples of the following should be included in the nomination:
- Advocating on behalf of UAF in the workplace or in the community
- Showing concern for working well or for surpassing a standard of excellence
- Demonstrating consistent superior performance and significantly exceeding position requirements
- Taking on significant responsibilities in addition to exceeding expectations of their job
- Taking ownership of services rendered and acting on behalf of the person being served
- Demonstrating a helpful and positive attitude
- Improving the workplace through exemplary initiative, dedication or leadership
The Margaret 'Peggy' Wood Staff Recognition Award is an annual founded in 2004 to recognize outstanding staff working with rural students throughout the College of Rural and Community Development. The award will be given during the UAF Staff Appreciation Day awards ceremony.
The Pathfinder Award honors Kay Thomas, a soft-spoken lady who gave over twenty years of herself to ensure Alaska Native student retention and success in their university studies and experience. Kay is blessed with the gift of humility, grace, and compassion, a person who does not seek praise or accolades. Through her compassionate and highly effective guidance and academic advising skills, Kay impacted the lives of over 2,000 students at the University of Alaska. Kay retired from the Department of Alaska Native Studies and Rural Development (DANSRD) in January 2012.
- Instructor approval flow chart (PDF) - updated 6/22/11
- Special topic approval flow chart (PDF) - updated 6/22/11
- CRCD course designators and department chairs (PDF) - updated 9/8/14
- Updated guide (formerly Redbook) (Google doc) - updated 01-28-2020
- Online CRCD course and instructor approval
- Occupational Endorsements should be submitted online also
- CRCD departments and faculty listings
- Office of the Provost & Executive Vice Chancellor
- Policies and procedures
- Technical support