Winter and Summer Break Housing Information
The Summer 2023 housing application is now available via your Housing Portal.
UAF students looking to study, work or play over summer break have the option to live on campus.
To qualify for 2023 summer housing, you must:
- stay a minimum of 42 consecutive nights AND
- be a current Spring 2023 on-campus resident and/or enrolled in Fall 2023 classes, or be taking at least one summer credit.
Summer housing will take place in Wickersham. Summer 2023 assignments will begin after April 12, 2023. Please apply by April 10 for priority assignment. Super-singles will not be available and singles will be very limited.
- Full Summer discounted rate:
- Double: $3,464 full summer
- Single: $3,871 full summer
- Partial summer rates (42 night minimum) begin at: $1,428 ($34 per night) for a double and $1,596 ($38 per night) for a single.
Thanksgiving and Spring Break Housing
Our halls and apartments are open during Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Many of our residents choose to travel during these times, but we welcome all to stay for free.
No extra charge.
No application required.
Many offices at UAF will experience closures or limited hours during academic breaks. We want to remind everyone about the limited operations of campus during these soft closures and holiday breaks. The UAF Police and Fire Departments will always remain open call 907-474-7721 for immediate assistance.
All students residing on campus are expected to abide by the University of Alaska Fairbanks community guidelines, available in the Student Handbook.
During this low-occupancy period, the Department of Residence Life urges all students, as always, to be mindful of their environment and always lock their doors.