Winter and summer break housing information
Summer Break Housing
late-May through early-August
Students looking to study, work or play over summer break have the option to live on campus in the Nerland hall for summer 2019. Apply for summer break housing using your UAOnline Account. New for Summer 2019: If you are staying with us for less than 30 days, you do not need to pay a housing deposit and a $40.00 processing fee will be placed on your university account along with your summer room changes.Apply for Summer Break Housing!
Winter Break Housing
late-December through mid-January
Students looking to study or play over winter break have the option to live on campus in the designated hall for winter 2019. Applications for winter break housing will be available mid-September.
Thanksgiving and Spring Break Housing
November and March
Our halls and apartments are open during Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Many of our residents choose to travel during these times, but we welcome all to stay for free. There is no application for housing during Thanksgiving or Spring Break.
UA username and password
In order to complete a housing application you must be admitted to the university and have set up your UA username and password and have access to UAOnline.
Review hall and rates
2019 Rates for summer hall. All Summer housing fees are within seven (7) days of your first night of stay on campus. $28 Double Room per night // $30 Single Room per night // $38 Super-Single per night Nerland Hall will be the designated summer student hall (click to visit web page).
Communication between housing and students
All communication is through your preferred email account as designated on UAOnline! We may also need to call you, please make sure you have your mobile phone designated on UAOnline. Please make sure you set up your voicemail to receive important messages. We can also text you important dates and package notifications. Please provide us with your mobile carrier on your housing application if you want to receive this notices.
New online application
To access our applications, follow the path of logging into UAOnline > Student Services & Account Information> Campus Housing, Dining and Post Office Link >UAF Link > Applications and Forms > Complete the Summer Housing Application and Submit.
Summer Application Steps:
- Sign Housing Agreement
- Answer Housing Questions
- Hall/Room Type Preferences
- Pay $355.00 Housing Deposit and Application Fee
- Next Steps and Receipt
Applying for summer housing
Staying less than 30 days fill out the Summer Application - Stay Under 30 Days or Deposit on File.
Staying more than 30 days and have a housing deposit on file fill out the Summer Application - Stay Under 30 Days or Deposit on File.
Staying more than 30 days and do not have a housing deposit on file fill out the Summer Application - Stay Over 30 Days and No Deposit on File. This application will ask you to pay your $40.00 application fee and $315.00 housing deposit with credit card.
Do you have a preferred roommate? After you submit a housing application, you will be able to match yourself to a preferred roommate.
- Ensure your requested roommate has submitted a housing application.
- Only matched requests will be considered
- Roommate preferences are not guaranteed and are subject to room availability.
- Assignments are made based upon the student's application complete date (earliest first).
- If you are matched with a roommate, assignments will be based on application complete date and hall preferences of the group creator.
- Hall preferences will be reviewed in the order listed on a student's application. Assignments will be made based on room availability.
- Assignment letters with check-in instructions will be emailed to your preferred email address as designated on UAOnline.
- Housing assignments and roommate contact information can be found on my MyHousing home page.
- Room floor plans can be found on the Residence Life website.
Room Change Process
- Please be aware that while we do our best not to move residents after we assign them, situation outside of our control may result in your assignment changing. Rooms with vacancies may be consolidated to ensure we use our housing space efficiently.
- If you did not get assigned your preferred room type, please contact the Central Office at 907-474-7247 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Code of conduct and policies
All students residing on campus are expected to abide by the University of Alaska Fairbanks code of conduct, available in the Student Handbook. During this low-occupancy period, the Department of Residence Life urges all students, as always, to be mindful of their environment and always lock their doors.
CAMPUS CLOSURES DURING BREAK TIMES
Many offices at UAF will be experience closures or limited hours during academic breaks. We want to remind everyone about the limited operations of campus during these soft closures and holiday breaks. The UAF Police and Fire Departments will always remain open call 474-7721 for immediate assistance.