Faculty Development Travel Application
AY 22-23 Proposals is Now Open
UNAC faculty are eligible to apply for Faculty Development Travel Award funds.
Due to Covid and pending on CDC guidelines and possible travel restrictions, the Faculty Development Travel Award funds may be used for online conferences and remote faculty development.
As of March 28, 2022:
******UPDATE: AWARD INFORMATION*******
Travel Award Amount: $2000
- NOVEMBER 2, 2022: Fall travel (from August 14 – December 31, 2022)
- MAY 13, 2023: Spring - *Summer travel (from January 1 – August 13, 2023)
*Applications may be submitted at any time during the academic year. Review timeline for Fall 2022 applications will be conducted mid September, mid November, mid December, and early January. Review timeline for Spring - Summer 2023 will be conducted mid February, mid April, and early May. Applications are reviewed by the committee in batches.
**Applications for faculty development travel that occurs between July 1 – August 13 must be received prior to May 13, 2023.
Faculty Travel Awards for professional development are available through the Provost Office and will require at least one of the following:
- Presentation of original paper at a scholarly and professional meeting/conference
- Invitation to participate at a regional, national or international exhibition or performance
- Research or creative activity that leads directly to exhibition, performance or publication
- Faculty development at teaching or learning conferences
Faculty Development Travel Award applications are now submitted through DocuSign Powerform. Signatures for approvals will be processed through DocuSign.
Faculty Development Travel Award Application (via DocuSign Powerform) Form
The application must include:
- A brief description of the activity, including the submitted abstract, program schedule or letter of invitation, if applicable
- A description of how this will contribute to your development as a faculty member
- If it is for travel when classes are in session, a plan should be included for how classes will be covered during the absence.
- Signature of Approval from the department chair and dean/institute director for this activity
- All applications are reviewed by the Faculty Development Award Committee, and subject to the timeline of applications received at the provost's office.
- Approvals are required from the Faculty Development Award Committee, and/or Provost for any changes that may occur prior to or during travel. An email must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to request approval for the travel change and must include the circumstances for the request.
Only completed applications will be accepted for consideration
*The review period is set according to fund availability and if awarded, it will be in the form of a reimbursement to the department and/or the traveler. Please plan your travel accordingly, and work with your department contact regarding logistics.
Faculty member approved for the award must submit a travel report at the conclusion of their travel, please click on the link below to submit a report: