All students seeking admission to the UAF Honors Program must be:
- accepted into a Baccalaureate Program at UAF
- full time students at UAF (12 credits or more in each semester)
- placed in, or have completed, WRTG F111X or higher and either MATH F113X or MATH F151X or higher
- 3.6 high school final cumulative GPA (we will use the weighted GPA if you have taken AP classes)
- EITHER a 1300 total on your SAT (critical reading + writing + math) OR 27 on your composite ACT
Transfer students and UAF students who wish to join Honors as sophomores or juniors
- 3.5 cumulative GPA from your transferring school or UAF
- 24 or more credits from your transferring school or UAF
Your test scores and GPA will be verified with those that are in the UA database. In addition to the scores, you will be ask to write a short paragraph (300 words or less) on why you are interested in the UAF Honors Program.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on an ongoing basis, and decisions will be announced at the first of each month. If you have questions about your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.