Honors Scholarships and Grants
Honors College Scholarships
The Honors College offers over twenty endowed scholarship awards spring semester.
Students can apply for spring scholarships by completing the UAF Scholarship Application. The deadline for the UAF Scholarship Application form is February 15th. Endowed scholarships are distributed by the end of May.
Any continuing Honors student can apply for our general Honors College scholarships in the fall. These scholarships have no spending restrictions, range from $1,000 - $2,000, and are awarded before the start of spring semester.
$15,000 available, with awards of $1000 or $1500 (any member of the Honors program enrolled full-time)
Donald R. Theophilus Scholarship for Scholars:
John Davies and Linda Schandelmeier Scholarship:
Barbara Burrier Henrichs Endowed Scholarship:
Patricia Andresen Scholarship:
Helen Walker Memorial Scholarship:
Howard and Enid Cutler Scholarship:
Dorothy Sugg Rotary Scholarship:
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Undergraduate Research Initiative for Student Enhancement (URISE) program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks is a scholarship program funded
by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) at the NIH. The goal
of the URISE program is to increase the number of well-prepared underrepresented (UR)
students who matriculate into high caliber Ph.D. or combined M.D.-Ph.D. programs in
the biomedical sciences and eventually go on to research careers.
Students majoring in anthropology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, mathematics, physics, and psychology are eligible to apply for the URISE Alaska program in spring of their freshman year. The URISE Program Steering Committee will select applicants to participate in the program based on the criteria below:
- Strong commitment to matriculation into either a PhD or MD/PhD program in biomedical sciences upon completion of the Bachelor degree and strong commitment to a research career in biomedical sciences.
- U.S. citizen, noncitizen national or permanent resident.
- Full-time sophomore with selected major
- Overall GPA of at least 3.3
- Submission of two letters of recommendation
Nanook Pledge is a four-year merit scholarship for incoming first-year, transfer, and readmitted
UAF students with awards ranging from $1,000 to $20,000.
Learn more about Nanook Pledge and UAF scholarships here:
The Nanook Brotherhood Project (NBP) launched in 2018 and established of a local chapter of the national Student African American Brotherhood (SAAB) organization. Working to improve the educational outcomes for students of color at UAF, NBP's goal is to encourage more students of color to attend college, achieve academic success, graduate, and locate jobs in their field.
All members of the Nanook Brotherhood Project (NBP) and the Brother 2 Brother Student
Organization are eligible for scholarship. These scholarships and leadership opportunities
are available for students of all backgrounds who support diversity, inclusion, and
equity in relation to social justice, and who are committed to academic excellence.
- 10 students will be selected for award amounts of $2,000 split between fall and spring semester.
- 1 student will be selected for the award amount of $5,000 split between fall and spring semester.
- New or returning UAF degree-seeking bachelor degree-seeking students taking classes online or in-person
- Full time enrollment
- 3.0 cumulative GPA at UAF or the previous school attended
- Meet UAF’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- FAFSA completion recommended
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and caring.
- Demonstrated commitment to community engagement and volunteer service.
Focusing on actionable science and community engagement, the Climate Scholars Program at UAF’s Honors College offers unique opportunities to impact climate science and policy, in Alaska and around the world.
UAF offers more than 450 scholarships, including the Nanook Pledge, a four-year merit scholarship for incoming first-year, transfer and readmitted UAF students with awards ranging from $1,000 to $10,000.