Join the UAF Honors College
All eligible students can opt-in to the Honors College. To be eligible for opt-in, students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- 3.7+ high school final cumulative GPA (we will use the weighted GPA if you have taken AP classes)
- RAHI graduate
- Emerging Scholar Academy student
- ANSEP participant
- UA Scholar
- BLaST awardee
- Highest tier Alaska Performance Scholarship awardee
- 30 or more Advantage Program credits
If you do not meet opt-in criteria, but are interested in joining the Honors College, we strongly encourage you to apply through our Honors College Petition. Petitioning requires that students submit the following:
- Cumulative GPA from your high school, transferring school, or from UAF
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Interview with Honors staff
Honors College petitions will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis. Decisions will be announced at the first of each month. If you have questions about your petition, please contact Honors staff.
Are you interested in helping to find solutions to climate change? Focusing on actionable science and community engagement, the Climate Scholars Program at UAF is the first opportunity of its kind in the nation for undergraduates to get involved and make a difference.
Fairbanks, Alaska offers opportunities for field-based, hands-on learning you won’t find anywhere else on Earth. From cutting-edge research to service-learning projects and internships, UAF’s Honors College is your chance to get involved.