The University of Alaska Fairbanks strives to create an environment of inclusion, diversity, respect and caring; now is the time for us to uphold that creed. As a UAF student, I commit to contributing to campus life in a way that promotes the health and safety of all Nanooks.
We are in this together, and only together can we keep our community safe. We are Nanook Nation! Click here to learn more.
Who we are:
The Center for Student Rights & Responsibilities (CSRR) is committed to the safety and success of all UAF community members. Through early intervention, CSRR empowers each member of the university to succeed in their goals. CSRR collaborates with campus partners to encourage prevention education, well-being, and student success.
The Center focuses on:
- Student Conduct
- The Resilience Project
- Student Care Team
- Educational outreach
- Student Conflict Resolution
- Policy Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
- Facilitation of Students' Ethical Development
- Restorative Justice for Students
- Suicide Prevention
- Student Crisis Management
- Student Death Management
- Sexual Assault Education and Prevention
- Alcohol and Drug Education and Prevention
- Consultation to and with other student service areas such as Residence Life, Athletics, Disability Services, Veterans and Military Services, Student Health and Counseling Center, Resource and Advocacy Center, and the Title IX office
- Development of partnerships with related academic departments and disciplines
- Parent and Family Relations
Hi, my name is Kaydee Van Flein (she/her), I'm originally from Decatur, Illinois, I grew up in a small town in Indiana known as the "amateur circus capital of the world." I earned my bachelor's of science in Biology with a minor in Chemistry and a Master's of Science in exercise physiology both from Indiana University - Go Hoosiers! I've been in Fairbanks since 2012 and I cannot imagine another place to live. I love water skiing, fishing, trying to garden (I do not have a green thumb), anything about sharks and family adventures.
Hi, my name is Corbin Sandgren (she/her), I was born in Hawaii and grew up in Utah and Alaska. I have been in Fairbanks since 2003 and at UAF since 2014. I earned my bachelor of arts in Justice with a minor in Emergency Management. My hobbies include fishing, hiking, traveling, and hunting.
My name is Nicole Crenshaw (she/her). Born and raised in Fairbanks, I received my Bachelor's in Justice and Psychology from UAF in 2016. I also earned my Master's in Disaster Management and Homeland Security in 2019 from UAF. Prior to my work with the CSRR, I worked in the education system and for local non-profits. I enjoy our Alaskan summers and the opportunities for adventure that they provide.