Associate Dean for Research
Director, Institute of Marine Science
Director, Coastal Marine Institute
College of Fisheries and Ocean Sciences
334 Irving II
Fairbanks, AK 99701-7220
Rooper, C., R. Stone, P. Etnoyer, C. Conrath, J. Reynolds, H.G. Greene, B. Williams, E. Salgado, C. Morrison, R. Waller, and A. Demopoulos. (2017). "Deep-Sea Coral Research and Technology Program: Alaska Deep-Sea Coral and Sponge Initiative Final Report". NOAA Technical Memorandum NMFS-OHC(2):65.
Greene, H.G., J.R. Reynolds and B.J. Todd. (2016). Atlas of Submarine Glacial Landforms:
Modern, Quaternary and Ancient. Geological Society, London, Memoirs. "Ice sheet features
at the continental shelf edge, Albatross Bank, Alaska". Ed. In Dowdeswell, J.A. et
al. :379-380. The Geological Society of London.
Yoklavich, M., J. Reynolds and D. Rosen. (2015). "A Comparative Assessment of Underwater Visual Survey Tools: Results of a Workshop and User Questionnaire". NOAA Technical Memorandum NOAA-TM-NMFS-SWFSC. 547:44.
Reynolds, J.R., S.C. Rooney, J. Heifetz, H.G. Greene, B.L. Norcross, and S.K. Shotwell. (2012). Seafloor Geomorphology as Benthic Habitat: GeoHab Atlas of Seafloor Geomorphic Features and Benthic Habitat.. "Habitats and demersal fish communities in the vicinity of Albatross Bank, Gulf of Alaska". Ed. P.T. Harris and E.K. Baker. :539-553. Elsevier.
Greene, H.G., V. O’Connell, C. Brylinsky, and J.R.Reynolds. (2008). Marine Habitat Mapping Technology for Alaska. "Marine benthic habitat classification: What’s best for Alaska?"." Ed. J.R. Reynolds and H.G. Greene. :169-184. Alaska Sea Grant College Program, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Reynolds, J.R., H.G. Greene, D. Woodby, J. Kurland, and B. Allee. (2008). Marine Habitat Mapping Technology for Alaska. "Overview: Marine habitat mapping technology for Alaska". Ed. J.R. Reynolds and H.G. Greene. :1-11. Alaska Sea Grant College Program, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Reynolds, J.R., H.G. Greene, D. Woodby, J. Kurland, and B. Allee. (2008). Marine Habitat Mapping Technology for Alaska. "Workshop report: Marine Habitat Mapping Technology Workshop for Alaska". Ed. J.R. Reynolds and H.G. Greene. :237-265. Alaska Sea Grant College Program, University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- Application of marine geology and seafloor mapping to benthic habitat research
- Submarine volcanism
- Past research in igneous petrology and geochemistry of mid-ocean ridges and seamounts
- Alaska Coral and Sponge Initiative (AKCSI) : benthic habitat analysis in the Gulf of Alaska and Aleutians at regional scale, and new focus sites for study of Primnoa pacifica. With NOAA fishery biologists led by Chris Rooper and Bob Stone, and geologist Gary Greene
- Kachemak Bay benthic habitat research with M.S. Oceanography student Amanda Blackburn
- Benthic habitat mapping and analysis on the outer continental shelf around Kodiak, Alaska with M.S. Fisheries graduate Sean Rooney, geologist Gary Greene, fisheries oceanographer Brenda Norcross
- Bogoslof Volcano: resurfacing by volcanic eruptions as a natural experiment in seafloor invertebrate colonization with fishery biologist Mark Zimmermann at NOAA Alaska Fisheries Science Center
- Aleutian forearc structural fabric revealed in seafloor maps: strain accomodation and its relationship to plate convergence with M.S. Geology graduate Lena Krutikov
- Application of mapping and seafloor geology to studies of deep coral habitat in the central Aleutians with geologist Gary Greene, fishery biologists Jon Heifetz and Bob Stone at NOAA Alaska Fisheries Science Centerand Doug Woodby at Alaska Department of Fish & Game