How to Find Your MAC Address
To locate the MAC address of your XBox console:
- Turn on your Xbox console with no game disc in the disc tray.
- From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Xbox Live.
These steps assume you cannot connect to Xbox Live until you finish configuring your Xbox console to use your PC's MAC address. Therefore, you should receive the following message: "Could not connect to Xbox Live. Do you want to troubleshoot your network connection?".
- From the Connect Status screen, select Settings. The 12-digit number at the bottom-right corner of the Network Settings screens is the MAC address of your Xbox console.
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 console:
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings. Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address.
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox One console:
- Navigate to the Settings page
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- MAC address will be listed next to MAC on the right hand side of the screen.
To locate the MAC address of your Sony PlayStation 2 you will need the Network Adapter connected to the PS2 and you will need the disc that came with the Network Adapter. Then follow these steps:
- Power up the PlayStation 2 and load the Network Adapter Startup Disc.
- Once it has loaded, select "ISP Setup" and press X on your controller.
- The ISP Setup will begin to load, and you will be presented with a license agreement. Select Agree and press X to continue.
- For connection type, choose "Local Area Network (LAN)" and press X to continue.
- Select "Automatic Configuration" and press X to continue.
- At the connection test screen, select "Advanced" and press X to continue.
- At the "Advanced Broadband Settings" screen, make sure "Automatic" is selected. While you are at this screen, make note of the MAC address at the bottom.
To locate the MAC address of your Playstation 3 console:
- From the main menu, select Settings.
- Select System Settings.
- Select System Information.
- The MAC address will then be displayed on the screen.
To locate the MAC address of your Playstation 4 console:
- Arrow up and over to Settings in the PS4 menu.
- Scroll down to Network
- Scroll down to View Connection Status
- The MAC Address will be listed next to "MAC Address"
To locate the MAC address of your Playstation 5 console:
- Start up your PlayStation 5 without a disk in the drive.
- On the home screen, click on the settings icon (gear) in the top-right corner.
- Select "System".
- Under System Software, select Console Information.
- You will see the MAC addresses for LAN (Ethernet) and Wi-Fi.
To locate the MAC address of your Wii console:
- From the Wii Channel menu, select "Wii Settings" (the round button on the bottom-left of the screen with "Wii" on it).
- Select "Internet," then "Console Settings."
- The MAC address of the Wii console is displayed on the first line.
To locate the MAC address of your Wii U console:
- From the Wii U Menu, select "System Settings."
- Using the Left Stick select the "Internet" icon and press the A Button.
- Select "View MAC Address" and wait a moment for the MAC address to be displayed.
To locate the MAC address of your Switch console:
- Select System Settings from the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down through the menu and select Internet.
- The Nintendo Switch console's MAC address will be listed under System MAC Address.
To Locate the MAC address of your Apple TV:
- Open the Settings Menu.
- Select General.
- Select Network
- The MAC Address will be listed next to “Wired Address”
To Locate the MAC address of your Roku:
- Open the settings on your device.
- Select "Player Info."
- The MAC address will be available on the screen.
Alternatively the MAC address can be found on the back of your device.
For assistance with finding the MAC address of your Smart TV or Blue-ray Device contact the manufacturer of the device.