Welcome to the UAF Fall 2023 Career Fair
Employer Registration is full! Please email Nicole Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist!
The University of Alaska Fairbanks (UAF) is excited to announce the Fall 2023 Career Fair:
Thursday, October 12, 2022
10 am - 3 pm AKT
UAF Wood Center | 1731 South Chandalar, Fairbanks, AK 99775
By attending UAF’s fall career fair, you will enjoy the opportunity to build your brand on campus and recruit highly qualified undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni for internships, seasonal, part-time, and full-time employment.
We strongly encourage you to update your organization’s Handshake profile and post any open positions you may have by Tuesday, September 26th. This will give students and alumni an idea of why they should stop at your booth, and will give them a clearer path for following up with you afterward.
Please refer to guide below to help prepare you for UAF's Fall Career Fair. You will need to be logged into your Handshake account to register for the fair. If you do not already have a Handshake account and need to sign up, please refer to the information below.
Some students may be coming to campus specifically for the Career Fair, while others may just be stopping by between classes. Be prepared for both populations of students!
Questions regarding the Fall Career Fair? Contact Director of UAF Career Services Nicole Goff.
Guide for Success
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the Career Fair further please contact Nicole Goff with UAF Career Services:
You will need to register in Handshake to attend our Fall Career Fair. Registration opens on August 15th.
- If you already have a Handshake account for your company, register for the Fall Career Fair.
- If you do not have a Handshake account yet, create a Handshake account before trying to register for the fair.
- If you need more assistance, or are not sure if you have an account yet, please contact Nicole Goff
New to Handshake?
- Sign up for an employer account
- After completing registration, your request will be reviewed
- Complete your employer profile
- Stuck? Check out this help article: Getting Started with Handshake
Already on Handshake, but looking for a UAF connection?
- On the left side of the navigation toolbar, click 'Schools'
- Click 'More Schools on Handshake' to request and search specific schools
- Request The University of Alaska System
- Once received, your request will be reviewed
Company is on Handshake, but you are not?
- Sign up with your work email address and create a password
- Handshake will suggest your company based on your email domain
- Request to join your company
- The admin/owner of your company's Handshake account will approve you
How to Post Jobs and Internships on Handshake
- Sign in to your employer account on Handshake
- From the home page you can click the blue box on the left that says 'Post a Job'
- Or on the left side navigation toolbar, click 'Jobs'
- On the top right, click the blue box titled 'Create Job'
- Complete the job posting with as many details and descriptions as possible
- Follow the prompts and add the school or schools you would like to post the job to
- Enter application start and expiration dates, then click 'Create'
- For further information review 'How to Post a Job in Handshake'!
Other Handshake Resources:
- How to Send a Message to Students | Reach out to students to invite them to apply or to stop by at your booth the day of the event
- Reviewing Applications in Handshake
- Handshake Help Center
See our Handshake page for even more detailed information on how to utilize your account.
Tuesday, August 15 @ 8am AKT | Early & Sponsorship registration opens
Tuesday, August 22 @ 5pm AKT | Early registration closes & Regular registration opens
Tuesday, September 26 @ 5pm AKT | Jobs should be posted to Handshake
Tuesday, September 26 @ 5pm AKT | Regular & Sponsorship Employer Registration closes
Thursday, October 5 @ 5pm AKT | Payment deadline-late fee applied*
Thursday, October 12 | 10am-3pm AKT | Fall Career Fair
*Payments received after October 5 at 5 pm AKT will be assessed a $50 late fee.
Early Registration | $250 | August 15 @ 8 am AKT - August 22 @ 5 pm AKT
*Employers who have not paid their early registration fee by the early registration deadline will be charged the regular registration fee.
Regular Registration | $350 | August 22 @ 5:01 pm AKT- September 26 @ 5:00 pm AKT
**Payments received after Friday, October 3 at 5 pm AKT will be assessed a $50 late fee.
Sponsor Registration | Prices vary based on tier | August 15 @ 8:00 am AKT - September 26 @ 5:00 pm AKT
Find more details regarding Sponsorship Tiers below
**Refreshment Table Contribution (optional) | $25
To encourage more students to participate in the fair, we will have refreshments available for fair goers. If your business would like to help contribute to the refreshment table, please do so during registration. We will be sure to include your company name and/or logo on the refreshment table on the day of the event thanking you for your contribution. Thank you for helping us think outside the box to increase attendance!
Limited spots will be available for the following tiers. Once spots have been filled, it will no longer be an option on the registration page.
We hope that an organization will not cancel, but in the event that an organization chooses to withdraw completely from an event, the following refund schedule will apply.
- Notification received via email at least 10 business days in advance- A full refund will be honored.
- Notification received via email after 10 business days in advance- Registration fee will be applied to a future UAF Career Fair of your choosing.
- Cancellations received within 5 business days of the event are not eligible for refunds or payments towards future fairs.
No-shows are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If the University of Alaska Fairbanks cancels or reschedules this event, organizations that have already paid will have the following options, and should communicate their choice via email: a) Full refund, b) Application of fee to a future UAF Career Services event.
Thursday, October 12th in the Wood Center
The Fall Career Fair will be held on Thursday, October 12th at UAF. This event will be an interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with employers.
- 9:00am - 10:00am | arrival, check in, & table setup
- 10:00am - 3:00pm | Main event: An interactive tabling experience where students and alumni will move between tables to connect with employers
- 3:00pm | Clean up & departure
- More information regarding parking will be sent in a welcome letter in the weeks leading up to the fair. Please keep an eye on your email!
- What is provided:
- (1) 8-foot long table
- (2) chairs
- Wifi access
- What to bring:
- Tablecloth for a 8-foot table
- Signage with your name and logo
- Flyers, brochures, and other informational material
- Swag or other promotional materials
- Business cards
Please note- we cannot guarantee access to power
Consider attending one or both of our upcoming information sessions:
Handshake Profile Tips
Virtual | Friday, September 1 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm AKT |
Join Career Services for a virtual workshop for employers looking to improve their Handshake profiles and learn more about recruiting within the platform. Employers are welcome to register in advance in order to receive email reminders.
Career Fair Recruiting Tips
Virtual | Friday, October 6 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm AKT
Join Career Services for a virtual workshop for employers looking to improve their Handshake profiles and learn more about recruiting at the Fall Career Fair. Employers are welcome to register in advance in order to receive email reminders.
- Some students may be coming to campus specifically for the Career Fair, where others may just be stopping by between classes. Be prepared for both populations of students!
- Some students may have physical copies of their resumes ready for you, while others may have them uploaded to Handshake. Be sure to have conversations with students on how to best follow up with one another.
The following articles provide some great tips on preparing for Career Fairs.
What should I bring?
Please be sure to bring a table cloth for an 8-foot retangular table. You may also want to bring business cards, swag to give away to students , or any informational items you may have!
We encourage you to bring:
- Signage with your name and logo
- Flyers, brochures and other informational material
- Swag or other promotional materials
Can I send my materials to UAF ahead of time through the mail?
We encourage you if at all possible to bring your items with you on the day of the fair to avoid any mail delays or mishaps. That being said, we know in certain circumstances it might make more sense to send your items ahead of time. Please contact Nicole Goff if you would like to talk about this option! She would be happy to help you.
There will be a drop off location on the day of the fair where you can bring your items prior to parking your vehicle to help make it easier. More information regarding this will be sent in your welcome letter.
Can UAF ship my materials back to us after the Career Fair has concluded?
UAF is not responsible for the return shipment of materials and will not route materials to a carrier. Any packages left at UAF after the Career Fair will be put into long-term storage until such time as you can return to campus and retrieve your materials.
Do you have any tips on parking or dropping off promotional items at the Wood Center?
If you are driving with more than one person, drop them off at the Wood Center with any of your items and then go park! This will save you from lugging items onto the shuttle. You may also drop things off at the Wood Center beginning at 9 a.m. and give them to a Career Services staff member while you go park. We will take them to your table for you.
There is metered parking that is closer than the Nanana lot. If you park at a meter please be sure to pay! If you park at the Nenana lot, your parking will be covered by Career Services and the shuttle is super easy to use and navigate! You can also bring your promotional items on the shuttle with you.
More information on this will be provided in your welcome letter!
When should I arrive?
Please arrive before 10 am to get your booth set up and ready for the fair which will begin at 10 am! You can arrive as early as 9 am, and we will have Career Services staff will be there to support you! We ask that you arrive no earlier than 9 am.
Do I need to stay for the entire Career Fair?
We ask that if possible you stay the entire length of the fair. Some students may not be able to come until towards the end of the fair and we want to make sure all students that attend have the opportunity to network with employers.
How do I follow up with the students/alumni who I met with?
You can always follow up with students using Handshake. Please see the helpful article below for more information on how to send students messages through Handshake.
I have some more questions about the Career Fair. Who should I contact?
Please contact Nicole Goff with any questions related to the Fall Career Fair.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 907-474-6630