Hours and Admission
Due to Covid-19, LARS is offering a limited winter tour schedule starting Nov. 5th - May 30th.
Tours will be at Thursday, Friday, and Sunday at 11 am (If there is interest and staffing allows we may add additional times. )
Tours are limited to 10 people and tickets must be purchased online in advanced. Before purchasing a ticket please review the following guidelines for visiting LARS. After purchasing tickets you will receive and email with directions and a link to our Covid- 19 response form. The form must be submitted before the start of the tour. Muskox viewing can still occur from our public parking area.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times
- Visitors will be asked to fill our our online Covid Form, and provide name and a contact phone number.
- No individual may join a tour if they have been diagnosed or are displaying symptoms of Covid-19 or if they have traveled outside of Alaska in the past 5 days. (Exceptions can be made with proof of a negative Covid-19 test since arrival.)
- Please maintain social distancing from other visitors.
- Utilize hand sanitizer that is provided in gift shop and in tour area.
To purchase your ticket Click Here.
What people are saying...
"Took my two year old to Story Time, it was great! Fun story and so much fun seeing the babies! Thank you!"Annie Sartz
"Great tour, very informative. The place was beautiful and the critters were a joy to watch"Elise Rae
" Excellent educational tour led by Matthew. This is a great stop for those who want to see and learn about musk ox, carboy, and reindeer. Well done UAF! "Mia Su Cary
"A private tour around this facility is wonderful If you are fascinated about musk ox and reindeer it’s a must see A group tour is $10 pp Private tour $250 - worth every cent if it’s in your budget Sarah was the staff member who showed me around Her knowledge and love for the animals was wonderful to see Good close up look at these magnificent animals "Sharon D.
"Learned so much from our guide. Took pictures to put on Facebook for friends planning a visit to Alaska in the future. Best experience in Fairbanks! Thank you!"Gail Halcombe
"It had very knowledgeable students who were able to have the reindeer and musk ox engage so we could get an up close encounter. Great experience!!"Kevin Loyed