Laws and Regulations

Research with animals is highly regulated. There are international treaties, federal laws and regulations, state laws and statutes, professional society policies and guidelines, funding agency guidelines and requirements, and institutional policies. These links provides an introduction to the principle laws, regulations, guidelines, and institutional policies that shape the UAF animal care program.